Apocalypse (T)

I am an unreliable failure I apologize this review should've been written weeks ago. Thank you for the patience (that I forced you to have). Hope this helps.

Apocalypse written by SpartanCatlord

i. COVER & TITLE

Your cover suits your story, but it could be better. You have a cool golden-colour thing going, but that and black are the only colours you have. It might be beneficial to add in some other colours. I would try sending this current cover to a designer to see what they could do for you. I have a reading list full of talented designers. As for your title, it's very generic, and it doesn't give us insight into the cool setup of your story. I would recommend changing it to something more unique that might make a reader go, "oh, I wonder what that means." I randomly thought that your title would be cool as 'This is the End'. I think it's cool, and it fits your story. Either way, I'd recommend brainstorming some ideas to make your title a little more unique. 

ii. BLURB

So I think I have to agree with you. Your blurb is a little...messy. It scared me a lot when I read it because I knew there was a lot of work to do. But I, the blurb queen, enjoy a fresh new challenge. Usually, I try to rewrite blurbs based on what the blurb currently consists of, but I think you might benefit from a total scrap and rewrite. I've still kept in some stuff that is from the original, but let me know what you think about this. Basically, I've just taken out everything I thought wasn't necessary or super interesting. Blurbs need to be short and sweet, so I've condensed and streamlined below.

Which came first, the catastrophe or the change?

Jake couldn't tell you. He grew up in the realm of the gods--where the laws of physics were as arbitrary as the laws of the household. He's an outcast of society, having lost his sister to an army of half-sentient robots. He doesn't think about much these days. He thinks about revenge, and he thinks about how cool his new (admittedly stolen) magic sword is. 

Everything else can take a back seat. The fact that the world is spiraling into chaos, the twisted game of loyalties surging around him--even sanity. But there are other people out there with their own revenge to serve and their own things to think about.

So, which came first, the catastrophe or the change?

But to be honest, at this point, it's hard to tell the difference at all.

I would recommend this blurb because it's simple and smooth and sharp. It still contains the edge of humour you have in it, but it's far more refined. I haven't really read enough of the book to rewrite the blurb entirely, but if I get to it later I will give you an updated version.