Chapter 79

Aurora Wilson

"I see a hint of sadness in your face. I don't know why, but you know the fatherly instincts tell me that something is wrong. Do you want to tell me anything, Aurora?" He asked, as he held my hands in his. His eyes had nothing but concern and worry about me. How can I even hide it from him anymore?

I inhaled deeply as I looked straight into his eyes. "You are right like always, dad. I need to tell you something but please promise me that you won't freak out," I asked, though I clearly knew he'd freak out. After all, how can he possibly be calm when his daughter's life is at stake?

"Tell me, darling," he said with a tense look on his face. 

I told him everything, right from the unknown text till the Starbucks stunts and he said nothing but was staring deeply at me. He was unusually calm which actually frightened me.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"Zayn said not to disturb you about these problems dad, and I thought the same and also, I didn't think that it would go to this extent but unfortunately it did. Right before you came, I was actually thinking of telling it to you myself and you beat me to it by asking. I'm sorry, dad. I'm sorry for hiding it from you," I said my voice low as I held my head down. I felt really bad.

"I understand your perception of not disturbing me, but I'm your father and how can I choose my own peace when my beloved daughter is in trouble? You are my first priority, dear and it is my duty to protect you," he said, lifting my chin up.

"Don't worry, dear. I'll not let anyone do anything to you. Daddy's always there," he said as he pulled me to a hug. 

"I know, dad." I said.

"So that's the reason for the tremendous upgrade of the security in our house by Zayn?" He asked as I nodded.

"I see he is doing everything he can and also he saved you that day," he said with a smile on his face.

"Zayn is a responsible man. He knows exactly what he is doing and has the heart of a kid. Do you know what we spoke on that day when you confronted your love for him to me?" He asked as I shook my head no. I don't know but I always wished I knew.

"I asked him what made him like you and his reply always has my heart. He said that he loves you not only because of your beauty but because you are bold and daring, and not afraid to speak your mind and doesn't hesitate to knock some sense into him at times. He also said that he admires you for your personality and he never believed in love until he met you; you showed him what love is. He also said something which impressed me very much. He said he'd love you not till death do you apart, but forever and beyond in the eden of heaven, and  can never really let go of you. Honesty reflected through his words and his eyes held nothing but sincerity and love. I also saw respect in his eyes for you. I already knew about your love for each other but was waiting for you to tell it to me. I realised that he loved you by the way he was looking at you, believe me, it was more than enough as it was very obvious. He always looked at you with admiration and his love for you was reflected in his eyes. In short, he was looking at you the way I look at your mum and it was that exact moment I knew it was him," he said. My mind was in a whirlpool of emotions as I was ecstatic hearing my dad. I loved how much he noticed him and believed him. He is the best dad I could ever ask for. My dad's relationship with Zayn is something so pure and worth admiring as they both respect each other very well. I smiled at him and as he returned the gesture.

"Are you going to tell it to mum, Dad?" I asked as I already imagined her being too worked up and freaking out. 

"I won't, well, for now. I just hope destiny never brings that day where I tell your mother about it," he said with a sigh.