Dream Catcher AU || 05

"some good dreams come true"

______________

"d-don't leave me..."

aera almost questioned her existence, her presence. is she even visible? why did the lady not listen to her? is she deaf? or is aera not audible?

"please don't leave me..." she tried again. teary eyes staring at the female figure fading away at a distance midst the darkness of the night, under tall trees that looked at least a hundred times bigger than aera.

thick trunks standing tall, hovering above the face of the planet, as if going to engulf the whole world at once. aera's eyes shut tight as another cry rolled out of her lips, having nobody to hug her and console her that a monster won't come and eat her, or a ghost won't jump out from the dense, dark woods.

"aera"

"save me please..."

"aera!"

"aera! wake up!" mia shook the young girl by her shoulder, noticing she was having another nightmare, the third one since last night.

aera jolted awake, letting out a sob instantly, while her eyes began pouring out pearly tears. mia sighed softly, bringing her closer until she had aera on her lap and stroked her back gently.

"it's okay" mia said, "it was just a bad dream, it's over now."

aera shook her head, rubbing her eyes with tiny hands balled into fists. her small sniffs between constant hiccups were evident in the room that the two girls shared with six other kids, all ranging from seven to fifteen years, aera being the youngest of them, even after turning five in winter.

"come on everyone, be down for breakfast in ten minutes! no food for you if you're any late than that!" the care-giver's usual loud voice filled the room with motion as a bunch of legs started shuffling around, some searching for their slippers, some rushing to the bathroom to get ready before it gets occupied by someone else, or some just casually heading out of the room to the dining hall.

mia sighed, glancing back at aera and smiled softly, "let's go?" the girl nodded, wiping her tears off and slipped down from mia's lap.

"hey, i will sit there! get up!"

"nah! go find some other place."

"shut up both of you and just sit your ass down!"

ignoring the regular morning quarrel that brings a giggle to aera's lips, mia took her seat, setting her plate down in front of her, while aera was busy watching the ten-year-old twins bickering just like any other normal day. in fact, the day wasn't considered normal until the two had told each other off enough and then recieved a nice scolding from marry, the caregiver, founder and owner of the place.