Three

three days ago
Ace De Luca

"Okay enough. Give her to him." Dante said and snapped his fingers towards Francisco. Aria handed Thalia over to Francisco. He took her out of Aria's arms gently while she wiped her tears. It's all part of the act but god I want to tear his fucking head off and then burn the rest of his body until they are just ashes. "Okay good. Now, remember what I said, Ace. You move before Aria, and I leave then you're dead along with your daughter." Dante said while looking at me before grabbing Aria's forearm and pulling her away from Francisco.

Once they were gone, I look at Francisco.

I can't believe him.

Out of everyone in my life I trusted him to keep me and my family safe.

He doesn't even look guilty about it as he holds Thalia while aiming a gun at me.

I would aim a gun right back at him, but he is holding my daughter, my beautiful daughter who I love more than life itself along with Aria.

God, I hope she is taking care of that motherfucker right now.

"Hand her over Francisco. Dante is out of the building, and you are supposed to follow his orders, yes?" I raise my eyebrow at him, and he just smirks at me.

"Yea but I am just taking precautions."

"Cut the bullshit and give me my daughter."

Francisco chuckled and then shook his head lightly. He still has the gun aimed at me as he slowly places Thalia on the floor.

Once he is far enough, I go towards Thalia and pick her up before bringing my gun out and shooting Francisco in the back of his head making him fall to the ground.

I look down at Thalia and she stares up at me with those beautiful green eyes of her that are exactly like mine.

I touched her cheek softly making sure she is okay at the same time I heard Leo. "Give her to me and take her to Layna. You get Aria while the guys and I hold of the rest of Dante's guys." Leo said and I give him Thalia.

He runs towards the exit of the warehouse where the cars were parked.

I'm not stupid. I know for a fact that Dante brought back up with him.

I walk towards where Dante and Aria walked off, with a gun in my hand, ready to shoot anyone nearby.

As I am walking, I hear footsteps walking closer to me until I see a guy in black shirt and trousers aiming his gun at me. I shoot him in the head before he had time to fire his gun at me. Multiple guys come out after I fire my gun and they all aim their guns at me.

"Put your gun down De Luca. There is no way you will be able to win this time." One of the guys said.

I don't say anything to him. Instead, I fire my gun at him first before aiming the gun at all the other guys who were behind him.

"Ace, most of Dante's men are firing in this area." I heard Leo say in the earpiece that I had in my ear.

I wish Aria had one so that I could know if she was okay or not.

She's okay. I know she is.

She is strong, even around Dante.

"Okay. Where is Thalia?" I asked as I move towards the guys who were trying to fire at me.

I roundhouse kick one of them while banging my gun against another guy's head making him fall unconscious.

"Layna has her. She is driving to the house now."

"Make sure she doesn't have anyone following her."

"She is fine. She is talking to Cole on the earpiece, and he is giving me updates while we are taking these guys in this area down." Leo said at the same time I heard him fire a gun.

"Anything on Aria?"

"I haven't heard anything. None of Dante's soldiers are saying anything or giving out signals."

Damnit.

"I'm going to go get her."

"Be careful Ace. Dante is unpredictable."

"I'm not worried."

I said before shooting two guys who aimed their guns at me. I see another guy who was about to aim at me, and I raise my gun and pull the trigger, but I heard a click instead and nothing came out.

Shit.

I swing the gun at the guy's face once I was in front of him, making him fall to the floor.

"Ace, you need to hurry up and get Aria. I heard one of the soldiers say something about finishing the job is two minutes tops." I heard Cole say on the earpiece.

"Got it."

I see three more guys walk out of the corner with their guns raised towards me. I dodge the bullets they shoot at me while running closer to them.

I have a lighter and a bottle of Gasoline in my jacket so once I get close enough, I take the bottle and twist open the cap before swinging the bottle at the three guys, so it hits all of them.

They all looked confused as to why I did that.

I grab my lighter, strike the spark wheel, and hold the ignition button at the same time before tossing it towards the three guys making their suit spark with fire.

They try to get the fire off of them as I run past them and exit the building.

When I get out of the building, I see Dante in the far off field, but I don't see Aria. I run closer to them, and Dante turns his head and I see him drop a syringe. I look next to him and see Aria by his feet with her eyes closed.

What the fuck did he do?

He takes out his gun and aims it at me.

"Not so fast Ace. You really think I didn't think of every fucking possibility?"

"I'm going to fucking kill you," I stated. "What do you want? I'll do anything if you let Aria go."

"Don't you see Ace? I already have everything I want now." Dante said before firing the gun at me. A jolt of pain spread through my body starting from my chest. I put my hand where my left shoulder is and wince. I take a step towards Dante and shoot again in the same spot making me drop to my knees and breathe heavily as I hold my shoulder. "This was fun and all Ace, but I have a girl to take home."

Dante picks Aria up and starts walking toward the forest that was behind him.

I stand back up and try to run after Dante but once they enter the forest, my legs weaken, and I fall to the ground and darkness overcomes my vision.