㉔ Lives i took

I won't let him win but I'm a sucker for his charm.

Stark

"Put the gun away," I say firmly, but he holds onto it, pointing at me. I try to stay calm. "Pete, put the fucking gun away."

I try to walk closer, Peter steps back. His eyes are now welling up with tears of anger. "How could you have risked that?"

"Risk fucking what? I had it under my control."

"Risking yourself like that!! You said we were partners in crime but all I see is you making your own decision, despite what it causes you. While I am here, for you, asking almost fucking nothing back in return but just a bit of sympathy."

"I haven't killed you yet. Isn't that sympathy?" I say intently.

Peter grabs me by my neck and shoves me to the wall, putting the gun under my throat.

"No, you just don't care, because you can't, all you want is your fucking vendetta. You know what I sacrificed for this, I followed you, I saved you, I killed for you. But you just don't give a shit about me (Y/n), I'm just a tool, right!?"

I look at him in the eyes and get madder than he is. I slap the gun out of his hand and punch him in the face. Landing him to the ground.

"I cannot believe this." I say as I pick his gun up and unload out all the bullets, they fall to the floor.

"You don't know how to love anything (Y/n), not even yourself." Peter says, getting back up. "Was I a fool to think you could love me...?"

"There's no such thing as love!" I push him, Peter lays against the table as I pull his collar close. "Love is nothing but an idea. There's only lust, passion, and obsession. And one of that is why you went mad."

Instead of being feared, or pull away from my grip on his shirt, he grabs my wrists and pulls us even closer.

"I know I love you, and I know you feel something for me too."

"..."

"Or just kill me now, fucking kill me now. Because without you, that's all I ever wanted, death."

My whole body freezes as he reaches in for a kiss, but before our lips touch I... snap.

I punch Peter again, and kick him in the stomach. Then I grab the back of his collar and drags him to the fireplace. Staring into the flames with fury in my veins.

"Then death it is."

He struggles until we are really close to the fireplace, but he grabs my wrist and pulls me down with him. We fight each other on the floor as I try my best to burn his head in the fireplace.

"Love's a hoax! If you plan to wait until I love you then you're gonna die waiting. So fucking die now!" I shout, grabbing his hair and put him closer to the fire.

"Stop!" He shouts and head-butts me from behind. My nose starts bleeding.

I fall back to the floor, everything looks blurry for a bit. Next thing I know Peter straddles over me and grabs both my hands then pins them above my head.