Chapter Twenty Six: Lost

They continued walking to their destination after their little break. Nathalie was still awake in Gabriel's arms while Marinette was on Adrien's back.

"If it weren't for these circumstances, this would be kinda fun. A walk in the countryside, I mean. Sometimes a little break couldn't hurt." Adrien thought out loud.

"Adrien's right, we could use a little break once in a while." Marinette added.

"I will agree with you on that, son. This place is so inspiring. Maybe we could come back out here sometime."

By this time, they were about ten minutes away from the outskirts of Paris.

"We're almost there, Nath. You'll be feeling better in no time." Gabriel whispered to Nathalie's ear.

"No matter what is wrong with me, I'm not giving up on this child. I don't care if my health is the cost." Nathalie uttered.

"Don't say things like that, Nath. You'll both be alright. Safe and sound."

"I'm not so sure about that. With my condition and my age," she felt another pain in her head making her stop for a moment "The risk of my pregnancy is high."

"You still have a chance. The both of you. I can't do this without the both of you by my side. You're the strongest woman I know." Gabriel remarked.

Nathalie gave him a weak smile. She wasn't sure if he saw it or not, but she wants him to know that she will always love him. Gabriel returned her gesture by giving her a light peck on her head mumbling something. I love you so much.

As they got closer and closer to the city, the more tired they got. Marinette got off of Adrien's back moments ago since he told her that his back hurts and she ended up mocking him that he didn't listen to her in the beginning.

Gabriel finally let Nathalie sleep, but just until they reached the city.

"Darling. We're here," he said quietly, nudging her shoulder.

"Can you let me stand for a minute, please Gabriel. I need to walk some." she begged him. "I'm feeling a bit better, and you can hold onto me if you want. Just please, let me walk."

Marinette immediately noticed why she wanted to walk. "I'll walk beside her too, Mr. Agreste." Nathalie looked over at her lovingly after he let her down. "I noticed." Marinette whispered in her ear.

"Sick or not, I can't control my hormones." she whispered back. "But thanks."

As they all stepped onto the streets of urban Paris, they felt at home. Nathalie happened to look in a local coffee shop and spotted Audrey.

"Gabe. Ask Audrey for help. Please." He nodded and walked over there.

The bell rang on the door, and Audrey turned to see who it was. "I closed this coffee shop so I could- Gabriel! Oh my God! What happened?!"

"Audrey. Can you please take the four of us to the hospital. We're all in bad shape. I can explain when we get there."

"Of course! I'll have a limo pulled up immediately." She walked away and talked on her phone for a minute. It was enough time for Adrien and Marinette to help Nathalie in.

"Thanks, you two. You're the sweetest kids I've ever met."

"Of course, mom. You come first. How's your head?"

"Doing better, but still horrible."

Audrey came back and stared at the three. "Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous! How are you all in this bad shape?!"