25. Drunk

"So Delaynie, you said you mostly spend your time reading

"So Delaynie, you said you mostly spend your time reading. What's your favourite book?" Kenzie asks me, we've been sitting here for about twenty minutes. I've told her absolute bullshit so has Drystan.

Fucking Drystan.

He placed his hand on my thigh, she looked down on it then to the camera. I can already see the ship videos.

"My favourite book would be... Den Of Vipers." I smirk and wink at the camera.

"Oh, I haven't read that before. What's it about?" Smutt.

"It's about a girl, Roxanne, whose father sells her to four men to pay off his debt. If I say more it'll end up getting spoiled for you." I flash her a smile.

"I will for sure be reading that." She looks down at the notebook sitting on her lap, I meet Drystans gaze and his eyes stay on mine for longer than they should. I raise my eyebrows at him, warning him.

"How did you feel when your parents passed? I mean it would have been horrible to see them get murdered in front of you, how old where you?" I've been to interviews before, talk shows ect, but none have asked me about the death of my parents. The only person I've talked to about them was Amelia.

"I don't really remember it I was really young." I laugh but to me it was a cold laugh to the ones watching it was genuine.

"It had to have had some kind of effect on you." She prompts, I glare at her. My fists curling and my jaw locking as I try my best to not stab her on live television. Her eyes widen and she backs down, her smile fading.

"Touchy subject?" she drawls out.

"How the hell is asking about my parents murder not a touchy subject?" I snap at her. "What if I got your parents and stab them, torture them in front of you, tie you to a chair as you watch me strip the life out of their eyes, you sitting there hopelessly, powerless and then ask you if it's a touchy fucking subject." I raise my voice, Drystans hand squeezes my thigh and I turn to him meeting his pretty grey eyes which strangely calm me down, I turn back to Kenzie. Fear fills her eyes and maybe even a few tears.

"It's okay." He whispers.

"Anyways, go on." I say calmly and turn back to her, she looked startled.

"I-uh." She stutters and looks down at her notebook. "There have been some rumours going around about you two going out together, are they true?"

"No." I reply before Drystan could do so, his hand slowly leaves my thigh and a pit sinks into my stomach.

"What are your opinions Drystan?" She turns to him and so do I as we await his answer.

"I would think that having mind blowing sex with the same person two times and going out with them on a date defines some kind of relationship." He chuckles bitterly, "But whatever the boss lady says." He shrugs.