21│HOOKED ON A FEELING

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʜᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ꒱

❝ DO YOU REMEMBER THAT
LITTLE MANSION OUTSIDE
OF THE CITY LIMITS
— Five, The Umbrella Academy

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Their frequent walks took them on different paths as days went by in hopes that the changes in scenery would keep things interesting. For the most part, it didn't. It was still a surprise, though, when Five and Dolores stumbled across a dilapidated mansion that was— amazingly— still mostly standing. The pair stared up at the structure in moderate shock as it was the tallest building they'd seen in years even if it was mostly collapsed (the right wing, however, was pretty much completely intact.)

"Should we look around?" Lola asked, almost hopefully. If the outside of the building was untouched maybe there were useful things inside.

The boy next to her frowned. "It might only look stable. Even the faintest wind could knock it over."

"Yeah, well, you could just blink us out of there," she suggested, "there might actually be something useful."

Five's sharp green eyes studied the structure critically as he weighed the options. "I suppose that is possible," he allowed, "but it might just be a waste of time."

"We have plenty of time to waste," she countered before she dropped the handle of the wagon and made her way towards the mansion.

The surrounding outdoor space was probably once beautiful, with bright green gardens and colorful flowers that lined the walkways. Now, though, the only remnants of any sort of previous décor was the cracked paths that wove around burned and broken sticks that used to be plants. As the girl tried the door, the boy finally leapt into action.

"Do— hey, idiot," he called as he ran to catch up to her. "You can't just go bursting in there."

The brunette turned pointedly so he would be able to see her eye roll. 'Yeah, I can. No one's gonna stop me."

Five crossed his arms as his eyes narrowed. "And what if the whole thing collapses because everything's balancing on the door?"

Lola let out an irritated sigh and flicked her tangled hair out of her face before she placed her hands on her hips. "Alright, what's your plan, genius?"

"I'll blink us in."

"You're supposed to be conserving energy."

"Well, since you're so insistent on getting inside this is the only way I'll allow it."

Their eyes met as they each dared the other to back down. Five's jaw clenched in irritation and Lola shifted her feet so they were shoulder-width apart: a classic rebellious stance.

"What if you need to blink and you've run out of fuel?" she challenged.

"I'll deal with it," he shot back, "but I'm not letting you inside in a way that will damage the integrity of the framework."

"You're being obnoxious."

Despite the insult, the boy couldn't help but smirk triumphantly. He'd won. Whenever Dolores went to name-calling he knew she'd already caved. "I'm being careful, so sorry for worrying about your safety."

She gave him another irritated glance and huffed as his fingers tightened around her wrist. She tried not to feel too pleased about the action (as annoyed as she was with him) and found herself inside the next moment.