27.

VOTE TARGET- 300

A high, almost throne like chair was placed next to the one Maheen had occupied and Aditya sat down beside her looking as royal as he was.

Maheen looked down at the court from the throne and let out a gasp.

The court hall was a marvel in itself.

The ceiling was studded in mirrors and reflected on everything happening in the court, windows were built on the sides as viewing galleries and long pillars supported the entire structure.

Maheen watched as both men and women buzzed around the room interacting with each other. The Awadh court was nothing like Agra's.

Maheen let her eyes roam around the room, trying to spot familiar faces and she did, Rani Maa, the little girl she had seen in the morning Gehru and even Gehna.

Maheen wanted to get up and rush to her best friend immediately, she had missed her presence dearly. She wanted to hold Gehna, hold on to the only familiar thing-person she had in her life.

"She had come to see you." The voice made Maheen turn her head towards Aditya. "You were asleep." He said.

Maheen wanted to ask him why didn't he wake her up or why was he even in the room as she slept but decided to kept quite.

"She is a good friend."

"At least there is something we agree on." Maheen replied without looking at him watching people move around and passing smiles to those who looked her way.

"Well if you start acknowledging my presence let alone my thoughts, you'd make life for the both of us easier." Aditya said looking ahead as Maheen looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"I don't care about wha-."

"About me ? This kingdom ? Anybody but yourself. I know Maheen, I have a good memory stop repeating the same words again and again." Aditya interrupted her. "By the way good job on the pretence." He said passing a smile to someone who bowed in front of them.

"What do you mean ?"

"My sister loves you already and you haven't given your spoilt princess attitude to anyone yet, so good job. Keep pretending." He said turning his head to look at her challengingly.

"You are being re-."

"Realistic ? Truthful ! Aapki problem patta hai kya hai Maheen, agar aapko koi aaina dikha de toh aap aaine ko bhi jhoota kahe, bhale aapko aaine par khichi tasveer pasand naa aaye, aap khud ki kabhi burai nahi dekhengi." (You know what's your problem Maheen, if someone tries to show you a mirror you blame the mirror rather than accepting your own faults and flaws.)

"Aditya aap -."

"Aditya, Maheen." Maheen was interrupted as Mandira Suryavanshi climbed the stairs of the platform and approached the two.

"Smile and act nice." Aditya whispered into Maheen's ears.

"Maheen." Mandira exclaimed. "You look gorgeous beta."

"Thank you Rani Maa." Maheen smiled at the older woman whole heartedly.

"Well Aditya its time for you to introduce Maheen to your court, as your queen officially." Mandira said and Aditya nodded. "Well, continue to chat you two, I'll be back mingling with the rest." Mandira said caressing Aditya's cheek loving and left the two alone again.

Aditya signalled for a man to come towards them, Maheen had seen him before. He had been with Aditya in Agra.

"Ji Bhaisahab ?" (Yes brother)