10

——- CHOHEE / NIGHT

——- CHOHEE / NIGHT

"Sunghoon I need you over, I have some questions about your friend here."

"Which friend is that cutie??" He questioned on the phone, how does he not know who I'm talking about?

"I can't believe you don't know who I'm talking about, I'm talking about Jongseong."

"I thought you hate him? And if you're asking...no he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"You idiot I know he doesn't have a girlfriend, what kind of girl would date him tsk. I just have some things I'm curious about so come over please hoon?? The curiosity is killing me."

"Fine fine only because you're my favorite person, I'm coming over in some minutes hold on."

"Why thank you cutesy" I thanked in a flirtatious voice just to tease.

"No problem my love." He chuckled deeply, I love when he matches my energy.

——— TIME SKIP

The doorbell rang, cutesy arrived. I opened the door, "welcome to my humble home handsome" I winked.

"Oh shut up and let me in." He playfully rolled his eyes, he turned to me after stepping inside.

"So what questions do you have about Jay Hyung??" He cocked up a brow, curiosity was killing him too. "She's not the type to think about him" Sunghoon thought to himself.

—- SUNGHOON

"Does..." she began to speak but then paused.

The curiosity was getting to me, "does what?! Come on Chohee tell me already I'm dying to know what jongseong has you thinking about!" I whined.

She smirked a bit, "ok im being real here...does...does you're Jay hyung have a drinking addiction??"

Oh shit.

Oh shit she found it out, "Why?? Did something happen with you and hyung??"

"No im just curious about him, because 4 days out of a 7 day week. I find him tipsy and hungover, he barely pays attention in school because of his hang overs, it's so obvious. When you come near him you can just smell the alcohol, he's filthy of it." She drew her brews in together, grimacing in thought.

"Whenever I talk to him while he's hungover...he's so angry. It concerns me, I hate that jerk but he's ruining himself park, he's your cousin...why aren't you thinking about him? Why aren't you doing anything to help...instead you join him to drink...the alley way. I saw you all." Her voice grew serious.

When she put the words in like that, it made me feel guilty because she was right. I knew he was addicted to it, everyone did. We always ask him why he still drinks after so many years but then us ourselves drink, it doesn't encourage him to stop.

I could feel my lips shut, silence filled the room I didn't know what to do say. I didn't know that Chohee was consumed with such worry about a guy that she didn't care about...but he's still human, of course Chohee would be a little concerned.

"Chohee..."

"You're right I hate him, but he's a human being like everyone else. I hate him for stupid things but not as an individual, seeing someone I talk to almost everyday, spend everyday with...in such a state. It scares me. He's getting violent, don't you see that park?"

"I..."

"Tell me park, how did everything start. Why is he the way he is now."

"It's a long story."

"I'm not in any rush." She sat on the couch waiting for me to start talking. I sighed then took my seat next to her.

"It all started in 2018 when Jay's mom and dad got divorced. Jay's mother left home one night...she never came back. The day she left, uncle park called saying that Jay was missing. My mom and dad were so worried, mom was crying out of worry for Jay hyung."

"I remember her yelling at me to go find him, so I ran out of the house. My heart nearly burst when I heard that he went missing, Jay is known to do reckless things...my mind was thinking of the worst." His eyes trailed to ground.

"That day I looked around the whole neighborhood, I was nearly out of breath but I found him. I saw him sipping on bottles of soju outside of a cafe, he was so drunk that he couldn't recognize anything. He just laughed and laughed, speaking uttering nonsense. That was the first day he started."

"Since that day, I observed him. He started to drink day by day, all because of that one night. I tried to stop him but it wouldn't work. Sometimes he would come hom beaten, after that he would drink. He became violent from it. Me and the boys grew into the habit of drinking too, but we knew how to tolerate it, Jay hyung didn't. He didn't know when to stop."

"It corrupted him..."

——-

Author —- this is the story of Jay's past, and the habits that he can't get rid of. The one that I stated in the introduction.