45

"I will do anything to make this baby's life perfect

"I will do anything to make this baby's life perfect." He murmurs. "I know that. And you will do the same thing to Delilah again. You two need each other to be happy. Everyone sees that."

He chuckles a little as he looks down at his hand and then back up at him. "Well if that just didn't sound very familiar. You remembered that all those years?"

I have forgotten the girls a long time ago. Instead, I take a seat in front of him and chuckle a bit at his words.

"I just waited for you to find the right person I can say this about. Delilah is that person. And you are hers."

Before Ben and I got together, Mason always told me to give him some time and that he will realize that he needs me to be happy. "I really loved our friendship back then." I tell him. And it's true. He was really one of my best friends back then.

And we still have a great friendship. But it's by far not as strong anymore as it used to me.
"So did I." He answers.

And because he's still so fucking wasted and I can't let him drive home alone, also am I scared that he's going to die from throwing up in his sleep, I have to do the thing I hoped to not have to do.

"I'll be right back. Don't move." I tell him. "I think I can't even get up by myself. So don't worry."

You:
Hey. I need you to pick me up.
Emergency.

Baby:
I'm on my way.

I don't know what their reaction will be when they see each other. But I don't know what else to do. We're living not too far away from this bar, so he was there with me in twenty minutes. He stormed out of the car and rushed over to me, holding my shoulders. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?"

The 'emergency' in my message must have alarmed him and probably that I've texted him so soon. "No. I'm fine, Ben. Come with me."

I'm taking Ben's hand and walk towards the restrooms. "What are you doing?" He asks me. And he answers the questions for himself when we enter the room. "Are you kidding me right now, Celine?" Mason is fast asleep on the floor of the shower.

He's angry at me now. I understand that. "I couldn't find Lola or Freds' number so I had to call you. And hes too heavy for me to carry him alone."

"Then leave him here." He simply says. "So you want to leave him here and let him die from his own puke?" He doesn't answer me at first and then looks at me with a clenched jaw. Yeah. That's pretty much the only thing I want right now."