[26]

[26]

- EDEN -

-

THE FLIGHT TO France was shorter than I expected. Maybe it was because we're from America and from there the flights are like 7-8 hours. But then I remember that we're traveling from Spain to France which cuts the flight down to a 1-2 hour flight.

During the whole trip, Dawson and I played Uno and fought the whole time about whether you can put a draw 2 on top of a draw 4. He said no and I kept telling him that he was wrong. When we asked Julia she said that she wasn't going to fuel the argument. The other agreed and we continued to bicker the whole way. Eventually, we settled on playing hangman and when he thought he was about to lose, he started adding toes and fingers to his hanging man.

To say I was glad we finally landed would be an understatement.

As I was scooting my way down the cramped aisle, I let out a frustrated groan as an elderly lady stepped in front of me. As she stepped on my toes and muttered an excuse me, she walked slower than a turtle.

I raised my hands and fisted my hands in frustration. As I huffed and placed my hands down, I felt a hand on the small of my back. A jolt ran up my spine and I looked back and realized that it was Atlas. On his lips rested a small taunting smile.

"What?" I bit out, an unamused look on my face.

"Nothing, firecracker." He breathed, his hands falling slightly and lifting off my back. Then just like that, that spot on my back would do nothing but yearn for his hand to be placed there again. I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

When we finally made our way out of the plane, I let out a breath. I looked around and let out a sigh as I watched people walking up and down the hallways, to and from their destinations. Some lady was announcing something in french over the intercoms and I only picked up two words that translated to Orly Airport.

I turned to Atlas who was standing a few feet away from me. He looked down at me, a questioning look on his face.

"Do you speak French too?" I asked, to which he laughed.

"Why do you ask?" He smirked and I frowned.

"Because we're in France and it seems like a logical question, right?" I said to which he shrugged. As he ran his hand through his hair, I let out a breath.

It was incredibly unfair that someone who just came from a 2-hour flight looked this good. He was dressed in a pair of black pants and a coffee-colored button-up tee. His hair was slightly messy from his brief sleep during the flight, but he still looked so tired.

I blinked as he said, "Yes,"

"You do?" I breathed, my cheeks tinting pink at the small smirk stretching his pink lips. He nodded.

"Oh, cool," I said, my voice coming out lighter than I wanted it to be. He chuckled and before I could embarrass myself further, I stepped back to turn around. But as I blindly took a step forward, I bumped into someone almost causing me to fly backward.

As I landed on my butt on the ground, I heard Julia let out a gasp and the guy in front of me winced.

"Shit, I'm so sorry." He said and I looked up, frowning to myself.

"It's okay," I said, helping myself up, but he grabbed my hand, pulling me up to my feet. I blinked at him as he was now barely three inches away from me.