CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN (EARN IT)

Y/N POV

I decided to pop onto Karl's stream for a little bit. My heart speeds up when I notice Dream was also in the vc.

Stop that, heart. My mind and my heart have been at war ever since I found out that Clay is Dream yesterday. Part of me is excited to get to talk to him more, but the other part is still wary of Dream.

"Hey Storm!" Quackity says when I join.

"Helloo," I smile at the sound of Quackity greeting me.

"How are you today, Storm?" Karl asks.

"Oh, um, I'm good. How are you karl?" I ask.

"I'm doing great," Karl giggles a little.

I decide to actually acknowledge Dream's presence. Baby steps.

"Hey Dream! How are you?" I ask cheerfully.

"Ew, why are you being nice?" He asks immediately.

I roll my eyes. "Nevermind, I'm going to pretend that there's only three people on this call."

"But that would be mean to Quackity if you just pretend he's not here." Dream argues with me.

"Hey buddy! I am not the one with a rival here!" Quackity says, trying to sound threatening.

"Dream really chose violence towards Storm today," Karl laughs.

"Yeah, all I've been is nice, and I was attacked," I shake my head even though they can't see.

"Wow, Dream, just wow." Quackity says in a jokingly accusing voice.

"I just can't believe you right now," Karl says, I can see him shaking his head on stream, since I have it pulled up in front of me.

We continued joking on stream for a little while. Dream and I are the last ones in the vc once the stream ends.

"Wait, stay there," I say, "I'm just going to grab something to eat."

I go to the kitchen quickly. I glance at the cupcakes on the counter from work. I grab one with a napkin and head back to my PC.

Maybe Dream can connect the dots that I am y/n. I just pray he's a tad bit smarter than I was, although I think that would mean he already knows.

"What did you get?" he asks as I sit back down.

"Cupcake," I say after I had already taken a bite.

"That sounds good right now," he sounds tired, "Was it your birthday or something?"

"No, I just got extras from a bakery to take home," I didn't want to give all of it away. I have to make it a tad bit of a challenge for him.

"I live near a bakery. They have amazing, like, cakes and cookies. Honestly just everything." he says.

I blush a little bit, knowing it was my baking he was referring to. "I'm a sucker for baked goods," I admit, finishing up my cupcake.

Dream was about to say something when a noise announced the arrival of another person.

"Dream, I have a question." Sapnap declares without any formal introductions.

"Sapnap, I may have an answer." Dream chuckles.

"Do I need a toilet brush?" Sapnap asks in all seriousness.

Dream laughs at him. "No, Sapnap, I think I have one."

"Oh okay cool," Sapnap says, obviously trying to multitask with something, "Oh hey, Strom, sorry."

"It's alright. Are you finally moving into Dream's apartment?" I ask, secretly hoping the answer is yes since that is now also my building.