CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT (MOVING IN)

I walk into the elevator after work, mail in hand.

I see Clay walking towards me with boxes in his hands, so I keep the doors open for him.

"Thank you," he says as he steps in, setting the boxes down, "oh hey!" he says as he realizes who I am.

"Hey," I laugh, "is your friend finally moving in?" I ask as if we haven't already talked about this.

"Yupp, he's upstairs right now organizing some stuff." He points up towards the ceiling as he says this.

"Do you guys need any help?" I ask, not sure if I really want to see Sapnap or not right now.

"I think we're good with moving things in, but would you like to me Nick?" he asks. He sounds excited.

"I mean, yeah sure." I shrug, trying to act like I haven't already met him.

"Great," he smiles, "I don't know if you've looked into the whole youtube Dream thing, but he would be Sapnap."

I nod. "Okay, cool."

He leads me to his door. I open it up for him since he's carrying boxes.

"Nick!" He calls out as he walks through the door, "I want you to meet y/n!"

"What? Do you really expect me to hear you when I'm in a different room?" Sapnap calls back as he walks through a door. I believe it used to be an office or something, but I don't think it had his PC in there since he has that in his own room.

Nick pauses as I come into his view. He looks like he's seen a ghost. What in the world? I thought he already knew?

"Hi, I'm y/n." I try to act casual.

"Nick," he reaches out to shake my hand.

"I'm Clay," Clay says in an awkward way. We all laugh to break the tension a little.

Of course, now is when Clay's phone decided to go off.

"I have to take this, sorry guys," he walks into the other room as he turns around to whisper to me, "I promise he doesn't bite." Clay shuts his bedroom door.

"I think he should be more worried about you, don't you think?" Nick turns to face me.

I gulp.

"How are you, Storm?" He asks me in a low tone, careful of Clay in the other room.

"I knew you knew!" I whisper-shout.

"What do you mean? Of course I knew! I knew before you knew!" he whispers back.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I ask, really wanting to know the answer.

"Because I didn't want to meddle," he says, "Plus, I thought it would be funny to see how it played out on its own."

"That is so annoying, you know that right?" I point an accusing finger at him.

He puts his hands up in defense, "I'm not the idiot who didn't realize the two people she was flirting with were the same person."

"Hey!" I whisper-shout again, "That is not fair."

"Uh, yeah it. Months, Storm. It took you months to figure it out."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. And I don't flirt, okay? At least with Dream I didn't."

"That was past tense, which means you flirt with him now," he points another accusing finger at me.

I open my mouth to speak when Clay's door opens.

"Sorry about that," Clay says as he walks out, "They messed up on colors or something. I'm going to go get those last couple boxes, Sap. Be right back!"

He leaves us in the room alone once again.

"When are you going to tell him?" Sapnap blurt out in a normal tone of voice now.

"Eventually," I say.

"Eventually? What is taking you so long?" he asks in a judgemental way.

"I just don't want him to change his mind or something once he finds out. I wasn't always the nicest to him online.." I blush a little as I say this.

I guess karma really is a bitch.

"Well, you need to tell that poor boy eventually, Storm," Sapnap says.

"I will, I will." I put my hands up in defense.

"Okay, good," Sapnap nods once, "And I'm not going to tell him, by the way. Not meddling remember? But that isn't going to stop me from dropping hints since you guys are both oblivious idiots."

"It wouldn't have taken us so long if you just told us what you knew," I prop myself up on a stool.

"It shouldn't have taken you guys this long." he shakes his head in disapproval.

"Imagine it actually happening to you. What if your online rival turned out to be your neighbor?" I ask him.

"Imagine knowing everything and not telling a single soul," he gives me a look that says 'ha got you there,'

I roll my eyes. "You had so much power, yet you didn't use it."

"You should be proud, if anything, y/n."

Clay comes through the door at that same moment. Nick goes to grab some boxes from him.

"Good thing we got all the boxes. It looks like it might storm here." Clay goes to look out the window of his apartment.

"Really? I thought a Storm was already here." Nick looks up to give me a wink.

I have to do everything in my power to not roll my eyes when Clay is looking in our direction.

Sapnap is about to be the death of me.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

things are about to go down.. it's about to happen

WORD COUNT: 589