FAQ

Are the fanfics related? Are they prequels/sequels to one another?

No, this is a big no, no. Each story is independent and they won't have a sequel, I might consider adding a bonus chapter but never a sequel.

Why write multiple fanfics about the same person?

Basically, because you asked for it. Maybe not you personally but when I was writing Promise This, readers kept telling me how they wished to see Hamdan in different scenarios. At first, I didn't think I would write more than one story but then it just sort of happened. Actually, I got the basic idea for Coming Home from a reader.

I don't like the second fanfic I'm reading because I can't imagine him with someone else!

Not really a question but anyway... First, this is completely okay with me, I don't pretend for people who like one of my stories to also like everything else I write. Second, this is also a great sign, because it means that you got so invested with one of the stories that you cannot picture different circumstances and as a writer that means a lot to me. If you still want to read the other fanfics but struggle to separate them, I would advise to give it some time, maybe wait a month or two before you start reading another one.

Have you ever met/seen Hamdan?

L-o-l! No, not ever, not even close. I have never even been to Dubai which I believe is the place where anyone would have the better chance to see him and say hi. Seriously, he's super nice when people approach him.

How do you know so much about him?

Sorry to let you down but I don't! I only know what anyone else would know. Maybe I pay more attention to what I see online or to the people around him, but it's not like I have some sort of special source or anything like that. Actually, I believe that anyone claiming to have sources that give them private information is lying. Hamdan is a very private person, yes he posts online everyday but again, pay attention and you will realize that what he's telling you is nothing. I mean, look at the twins! I don't think anyone saw that coming and we only know about them because he chose to share them with us but he could've as well chosen to keep his children a private matter and we would have no idea they even exist.

Why not write about some other male character/prince?

Well, if we're talking about other real princes out there, sorry but no. I don't feel inspired by them and if we're talking about creating fictional characters I already have and probably will after I'm done with the three fanfics I have planned, but they won't be an Arab prince.

Will you write more fanfics?

After the third fanfic is finished I am completely done with writing Fazza fanfics. I was actually struggling to put together the third one but then the twins were born and that changed everything, in that moment I knew exactly what the third fanfic would be about and we will finally see Hamdan with an Arab Muslim girl which was another huge request by some readers.

What about a fanfic about Mansoor, Rashid, Maktoum, etc?

Writing about his brothers is another big request, but like I said before I just don't feel as inspired by them, not to mention there's so little information about them. I think Rashid would be really interesting to write about, he had a very strong personality and a darker side to him - which I believe we all have - but to be honest I would feel a little icky writing about someone that is no longer here with us. May he rest in peace.