𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 1: 𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑?

"Kayden, I'm not doing this with you

"Kayden, I'm not doing this with you." I declared, not having the energy to deal with him and his nonsense.

"No," he argued,"I'm not doing this with you. You almost let him get away. I knew it was a foolish idea to let you do this one alone."

"What else do you want from me! I do all you ask of me. No complaining. I kill who you want. I endure your endless hours of excessive training, no matter how extreme. I'm the best at it all, it's not my fault your to hard headed to notice." I shouted at him. Instantly I knew I made a mistake, maybe not one that I regret, but nevertheless, a mistake. Then seconds after my rant I felt a slight pain on my cheek from where I have been hit. I slowly turn my head to meet his eyes. I showed him no reaction, giving him no satisfaction. Which is all he wanted.

"Don't test me Amara. Remember your mother is away right now. I have full authority over you. " He growled. " Remember, I made you who you are, I know all you know and more I can break you down as easily as I build you up. Yes, I know you're the best here, but you're not always the smartest. Your actions tonight shows this. " He said this part more calmly. He began to walk away. I was not letting him have the last words.

"Do you even know what that man almost got away?" I asked, leaving him with a very puzzled expression. " You're men, Ryan to be specific, had informed me that only two men were in the house. The first one, James. Age 32, friend of the main target. Then Eric, the man who is the main target. He owes 1,300 in cash that he borrowed 5 months ago and failed to ever return. I was told to kill both which I did. Blake never said a third man was there. It was his job, was it not?" I was livid. How dare he put blame on me. It was his men's fault and he should take responsibility. Stepfather or not, I will still speak to him the same as I'd speak to anyone else. He did surprise me when he responded. In the situation he usually doesn't respond he just goes quiet and walks away.

" It was Ryan's job. I was informed different. I'm sorry. I take full responsibility for this situation." He said, he seemed to mean his words. Even though he's a horrible person he has been taking place for my father who isn't here, why? I have not a clue. Oh well, not my problem. In this very moment though I was very confused. Usually Kayden would give a rude remark, put me in my place. But he wasn't, therefore I am to believe that he has ulterior motives.

" Whatever, just next time learn the facts before you slap me. " I explained, " We don't want me to go to Mom. We don't want her to find out and do we?" He acknowledged the threat, knowing she would kill him no matter her love for him. As we both know that her love for me is more than it will ever be for him. I am her daughter after all.

"We're making threats now, are we?" He hissed these words. He hissed this question as if it would cause any fear to rise me. What the fuck is he? A damn snake.

"I don't know about you, but I just did. " He didn't like my response. You could tell but how quickly his eyes went dark and emotionless.

"I think we should just forget this whole conversation, don't you Amara. "