32 | fancy dinner

THIRTY-TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"we're going to some kind of fancy dinner tonight!" the light brown haired libero cheered as he opened the door to his cousin's apartment.

"isn't that amazing, omi?"

the black haired boy wasn't the least surprised by his cousin's abrupt visit as it was something the latter did more often than he should, so he got used to it.

sakusa looked at komori's feet and scowled. "take off your shoes."

komori rolled his eyes and shrugged off his shoes before entering his cousin's apartment. "the all-youth coach will be there."

sakusa glanced at his cousin in disinterest.
"it's just kitaki-san."

the libero sweatdropped, "you could at least show a bit of excitement, y'know."

sakusa only rolled his eyes and went back to reading some type of detergent and cleaning equipment magazine.

"besides.." komori hopped on the couch where the germaphobe was, making sakusa scowl at his abrupt disturbance.

"i heard the big man that calls the shots would be there."

sakusa looked up from his magazine. "you said that already— kitaki-san will be at the dinner."

"nope! not him." komori shook his head. "coach hibarida."

sakusa blinked repeatedly, trying to grasp what his cousin just said. the coach of japan's men volleyball team— the league where he wants to play in in the future. he met the coach before, but it was fleeting— formal greeting, and whatnot, but that was just it. a dinner with the coach sounded somewhat appealing. he felt that if he went, he'd be a step closer to the big league.

"also, some big names will be going to this fancy shmancy dinner too. coach even said that if we want to make it to the big league, this dinner's the one-way ticket to it." komori grabbed a bag of chips out of nowhere and started munching on it.

sakusa finally snapped out of his trance and glanced at his cousin. "who else will be there?"

"you mean, what other teams?" komori asked and his cousin nodded.

"fukurodani will be there for sure." the libero started.

sakusa froze at the mention of the academy as he zoned out of komori's spiel. his mind flew back to what he saw earlier that afternoon when he saw komori's supposed basketball idol. stuck in his trance, he wasn't able to hear the rest of the schools that komori was mentioning.

"... and mujinazaka." komori finished off. "i think that's everyone."

"you're going right?" he asked his cousin. "i mean everyone's required to be there but i still gotta ask in case you bail on me."