1 The Wedding

Part 1 Wedding

Mumbai

Arnav was rushing inside the aerodrome to board a flight. He was working in a fashion house in Mumbai. He got a message from his father today morning. His mother slipped into the washroom and her condition was very critical. Arnav started immediately without thinking of anything.

Delhi

When Arnav entered his house, he frowned seeing his house being decorated. He saw a few relatives were sitting in the living room, having coffee, and a few looked hurry. Is not his mother serious? He rushed towards his mother's room and got collide with someone. The person was none other than his mother herself. Arnav looked at her bewildered.

*Mom... are you...*

Cutting him,

*I'm alright...*

*Then why would Dad lie to me? *

Clutching his hand, she dragged him to his room where his father Arvind was doing something. Arnav saw him keeping a box on his bed.

*What's all this Dad? * Arnav asked.

*Arrey, Chotte, you came...? Welcome back to Delhi* Arvind hugged him.

*Dad, why did you lie to me that Mom is in critical condition? *

*Of course, she is in critical condition...* they laughed.

Arnav rolled his eyes.

*What's happening here? *

*Going to happen...* Ratna said.

*What? *

*Your marriage*

*Whaaaaat! Mom, this is not funny*

*I'm also telling you the same... your life is not fun... you need a partner. We found one. You are going to marry her. that's final*

*Mom, don't do this to me*

*You don't do this to us, Chotte... you are our only son. How could we let you be single? *

*Mom, I like to be single... I want to be single*

*How long? *

*Until I want ...*

*No... you are already thirty... not anymore...*

*Mom, I will tell the bride that I'm not interested in marriage*

*Ok... go... go and tell her... as you come here, put fire to my dead body and go back to Mumbai to relish your loneliness*

*Stop it, Mom...*

*Why, Chotte? Have you ever cared about us? Go... but don't come again... ever...even I die...*

*Mom... I'm not ready for the marriage*

*Make yourself ready...if you want your mother to be alive*

She went to the bed and took the box which Arvind kept. She gave that to him.

*Get ready... the Bride is going to arrive* Ratna left the room.

Arnav looked at Arvind pleadingly.

*Get ready Chotte... we are your parents. We want your happiness*

*I'm already happy, Dad*

*But you can't give birth to a baby... you need a woman to get heir* Arvind teased.

Arnav rolled his eyes high.

*You no need to think of ourselves, Chotte. Just think of yourself. You can't be like this. YOU CAN'T GET SOME THINGS BACK IF YOU MISSED THEM ONCE. You may not understand that now... but in the future, my words will echo in your ear for sure* Arvind left the room.