17 | Complusive

You yawned, as you trudged into school, your glasses lopsided on your face, and a burrito in your left hand; you instantly slumped into a corner, trying to pull your brain together, but the school being abuzz with chatter didn’t exactly help you with your migraine. Something about a new girl? Who knew, not you! Oh no, burritos waited for no one.

As you sat there, eating dully, Juleka came over to you, and sat beside you; “Morning. Did you meet the new girl yet?” she asked shyly.

Oh lord, not someone else you had to talk to.

... no? Should I have?” you answered in confusion.

She’s pretty cool. She’s been to loads of amazing places, and her parents are really well connected,” Juleka explained.

You wrinkled your nose, “So, she gets around in society only because of her parents’ money and connections. That’s disgusting.

Juleka’s face fell, and she fiddled with her fingers, “She seems nice though…” she mumbled.

Well, if she’s not as nice as Adrien, I’m not going to waste my time on her,” you spoke shortly, taking a hefty bite of your food. There was a pause, before in response to Juleka’s hurt/puzzled stare, you added, “I didn’t have breakfast, so I’m grumpy. Sorry.

Juleka giggled slightly, and then stood up, gesturing for you to come to the library with her, since you both had a free period — so you followed, anxiously. Once you arrived, Juleka sat down, preparing to do some chemistry work, while you browsed the shelves, looking for any books on politics. You were busy dithering through the aisles, when someone suddenly tapped you on the shoulder, as you inspected a novel written by Tim Marshall, and you jumped in surprise.

You turned, expecting to see Juleka, but was caught off guard by a new face you’d never seen before. “You must be the British student I’ve heard so much about!” the girl laughed, her voice way too sweet and welcoming for your liking; her hair was long, and her eyes were somewhat shining with either malice or friendliness.

All of a sudden you felt a lot like an unsuspecting prey in the presence of a predator disguised as one of your own kind.

Errr… yes… I am the only British person here, as far as I know…” you replied awkwardly, holding the book to your chest, for some type of protection.

I’m Lila; I’m so glad to finally meet you! Adrien talked about you a lot… I think he really likes you!” she cooed, leaning towards you slightly.

You instinctively backed away, your eyes almost popping out of your skull out of anxiety, and you smiled very nervously. “Oh, I see….

Oh lord, Juleka, someone, help you! This bitch was terrifying!

Lila? Oh, I see you met (Y/n),” Adrien appeared around the corner, which caused you to practically deflate out of relief.

Oh, yes! Did you know I’ve been to England? I went last year in January! It’s a wonderful country, I even went to 221 Baker Street!” Lila exclaimed, looking from you to Adrien.

You blinked blankly, raising an eyebrow, baffled; 221 Baker Street didn’t exist. Since the 1930s, the famous address had been lumped in as part of a larger block of buildings originally occupied by the Abbey National Building Society, you thought it was common knowledge. Perhaps she’d gotten confused?