Chapter - 31

Swara was sitting on the floor burring her head in her knees. Her phone was continuously ringing flashing 'Nikhil Calling.'

Yesterday's taunts and blamings were still ringing in her ears which was increasing her sobs by each passing moment.

She heard knocking on the door which she ignored not wanting to face anyone.

"Swara don't test my patience. Open the door NOW." She heard Sanskar's voice from other side.

'Sanskar? What is he doing here?'

"Swara open the door else I am breaking it." His voice was filled with surety.

She wiped her eyes and took a moment to gain mental and emotional equilibrium.

"Sanskar you..." Sanskar was standing in front of her with hard glare.

"What are you doing in this shitty motel?" He entered without giving any chance for her to speak.

"My condo contract ..."

"Dare you lie to me" He pulled her towards him to make her see in his scrutinising eyes.

She could not match with his eyes and lowered her head. Tears started streaming over her cheeks.

He wrapped his arms around pulling her in his secured embrace.

Feeling his scent and assured support she started sobbing heavily holding his suit jacket in her fist.

Sanskar kept caressing her long hairs without any word. Her each tear was stabbing his heart, but he stayed silent.

"Calm down Swara." He wiped her tears cupping. "I cannot see tears in your eyes."

"Roger, take her bags" Sanskar ordered, and Roger entered inside.

"Sanskar?"

"Don't say a word" he and his dominating nature.

He wrapped his hand around her shoulder to led her out unaware of one pair of furious eyes.

He made her sit on passenger seat and drove towards his penthouse.

It was silent journey but his hold over her hand was spreading relief in her tormented heart.

"Here take this" He passed water glass, making her seat on couch when they reached.

"Now tell me what happened?" he settled beside her.

"Why were you there? Have you seen that place? It was just shit. What would have happened if I would not have reached there on time? From when you are there?" he bombarded his questions.

She kept her mum not matching her eyes with him.

"From last night." She mumbled.

He ruffled his hairs in frustration.

"Last night I dropped you to your apartment and then today I found you there. What happened Swara?"

"When you dropped me yesterday, my roommate's mother questioned me."

"I tried to cover with my usual lie, but I guess she had seen me with Roger. And at night she saw me with you. She asked me to call Radhika Aunty for her confirmation."

"Who is this Radhika Aunty now?"

"Nikhil's aunt. They stay in suburbs."

"When we used to go to meet Granny over weekend, I used to lie to my roommates that I go to meet them. But when she asked me to call them. I had no other option but to keep my mum. She started questioning and taunting me with..."