CHAPTER 32

Meera's POV

(A few hours earlier)

It's almost 10pm and I'm done with my work. I pack all my things and head towards the parking lot. I decide to take the back road as its a short cut. I spot a car that looks familiar on the side of the road. Is that Alias car? I slow down as I approach the car. Just then I see 3 men holding Alia who is struggling under their grip and shouting for help. 

Without thinking I drive over to them and one of them runs away seeing my car. The other two are still there though. I grab the tennis racquet that's in a bag kept on the back seat. Without much thought I get out of the car. The man holding her leaves her as he sees me. She immediately runs towards me and holds on to my hand. 

"Alia, go sit in the car", I tell her firmly. She looks a little hesitant but goes and sits in the passenger seat. One of them comes towards me ,

"Yeah toh paheli waali se bhi zada aachi hai", he says and I'm honestly disgusted, they were drunk. I just wanted to get out of here. One of them tries to get hold of me but I step back and hit him with the base of the racquet in the neck, the other one comes towards me and I punch his in the face and run towards the driver's seat of my car . I get into the car and start driving before they can come back. 

After a few minutes, I pull over on the side of the road. Alia is silently sobbing looking completely shaken. the sleeves of her top are torn. I wrap my jacket around her. She hugs it close to her body and looks out of the window. I sigh and start driving again, she's clearly not in a condition to talk now. I then look at my bleeding knuckles, ouch. I know basic self defense but its not like I have been in a situation that  have to use it, until now. 

We reach the Malhotra Mansion and I slowly nudge Alia. She doesn't move. I call her name out a little louder and she jumps.

"Hey, don't be scared, you're fine we are home now, come on", I say gently opening the door for her.

"I-They wanted- I tr-tri", she stutters still sobbing.

"Its not you fault, they are gone now and we are home, you are safe , lets go in" , I say holding my hand out. She's in a very sensitives state right now and I don't want to push her. Slowly she places her hand in mine and gets out of the car. She stands up limping slightly, probably twisted her ankle. I put an arm around her letting her lean onto me. 

Slowly, I help her walk into the house. As we enter Adi comes into view and looks shocked at our state. He immediately rushes over towards us trying to help us but Alia flinches under his touch and he backs away. I can see that he has tears in his eyes looking at Alia's condition.  He goes and calla ma and dad and in the mean time I help Alia onto the couch. 

Everyone comes out looking extremely distressed. Ma covers her face in shock, "Oh, my god, kya hua tumhe", she asks and I briefly fill them up. Listening to me recounting the whole incident Alia starts crying harder. It breaks my heart to see her in this condition. For the next 15mins I try consoling her. I don't even notice when Abhi comes with Reyansh until he speaks up.

He looks absolutely furious but I have to focus on Alia.

"Alia, listen to me, the whole situation could have gone way worse that it actually. But you are safe and home now. By crying you are giving them power over you and no one should have that kind of hold over you except yourself. Now get up and lets go get you changed and I promise you'll feel better", she nods after a moment and gets up stumbling a little. I help her to her room but I don't miss the look of helplessness on Abi and ma's face.