Chapter Thirty-Six

B E L L A M Y

Isaac blinked a few times, looking at me like he was about to pass out.

"Huh?" He chuckled softly, his smile fading quickly when I kept looking at him with a straight face.

I nodded, caressing a hand over my stomach. I still couldn't quite believe it myself, and I was growing happier every day. So naturally, I had hoped that Isaac would've taken the new a little better than he did.

"What?" he roared, jumping up with his eyes wide, steam nearly coming out of his ears with how angry he was.

"Isaac," I tried, slowly standing up and swaying a little when I tried to reach for him. But he was already sprinting back into the kitchen, where I heard wood clattering against tiles.

"What the fuck, dude," Noah said when I entered the room, and I gasped at the scene before me.

Noah sat on the floor, covering one eye with a hand and supporting himself with the other. Isaac stood fuming before him, shaking his right hand like he just...

"You got my sister pregnant?" Isaac exclaimed.

"Hey!" I yelled, coming up between the two.

I still felt like trash but I couldn't just watch as my brother beat up Noah. I knew that Noah could hold his own against Isaac, but I also knew he wouldn't because he felt guilty.

"Bella, keep out of this," Isaac hissed, keeping his eyes on Noah, and I scoffed.

"This is about me."

He ignored me, pushing his chest against my hand to reach his friend when Noah got back on his feet.

"I gave you a place to stay, I let you into my home, and this is how you repay me?" he bellowed, his cheeks turning red with rage.

Noah looked a little guilty, but at the same time equally as angry as Isaac.

To be fair, it's wasn't only Noah's fault we were in this situation, and the both of us turned out to be quite happy with the news, so I felt myself getting upset with Isaac too.

"We want this," I stated, keeping myself between the two men.

Isaac finally looked at me, raising a brow. "How do you know what you want? You've been together for what? Two months?"

Ok, good point.

But he didn't know what he was talking about. My feelings for Noah had been there since the first moment we met. They were overshadowed by anger and humiliation once he started talking, but they were still there.

The last couple of months had taught me that I did love Noah, and that I had reached a point where I didn't want to live without him anymore.

The revelation scared me—especially since I just admitted it to myself, but it was true.

"I love him. And I want this baby," I defended, turning to Noah.

He managed to soften his expression as he looked at me, a hand brushing over my cheek. "I love you, too."

"Jesus," Isaac mumbled, quickly grabbing his keys and storming out of the house.

I looked in the direction he had disappeared in, and felt my legs giving out from under me.

"Bellamy," Noah breathed out, catching me right on time and carrying me to the couch.

I crawled against his chest when we sat down, my eyes getting watery for the umpteenth time today.