Chapter Forty-One

B E L L A M Y

My entire body hurt. I felt like I broke my back in three places, I had a constant headache, and overall I just felt like shit altogether.

I had just seen glimpses of Noah after the trial.

Apparently, he had found an apartment somewhere in town, and he had been walking in and out of the house to move all week.

Just like the last month, I barely left my room.

Apart from the fact that I didn't want people to see what a weak bitch I was, I was exhausted.

But, that entire week, I didn't sleep. Constantly tossing and turning to get comfortable prevented me from closing my eyes for a few hours, but it was the way I had been treating Noah that kept me awake most of the time.

I had been an absolute dick to him, and he didn't deserve it. Nor was it his fault that Maria...

With a lump in my throat, I pushed the pillow between my knees away, and slowly sat up.

I took a minute to breathe while I sat on the edge of my bed, just taking my time to get up.

Once I finally arrived downstairs after about half an hour, I sat down across from Isaac at the dinner table.

"Hey," he greeted with a smile, quickly jumping from his seat and rounding the table.

He hugged me from behind and I chuckled softly.

"Oh, she smiles," Isaac exclaimed, putting the kettle on and grabbing a cup. He placed a tea bag with my favorite tea inside and joined me at the table as we waited for the water to boil.

"I love you," I mumbled, caressing a hand over my stomach.

"Are you talking to me or..."

I nodded, shifting in my seat to get a little bit more comfortable.

Isaac got me my tea, and I warmed my hands on it, blowing the steam off the top before I spoke. "I wanted to ask you a question."

"Hmm."

I chewed on my bottom lip, wondering if Noah even wanted to see me. Ever.

"Bella?" Isaac raised his brows at me, waiting for my question, and I sighed.

"Can you take me to Noah?" I moved my hands to my lap, fighting with the hem of my shirt. Now I was bothering my brother. Maybe he had stuff to do. Maybe he had a date with Kelly. Or he just didn't want to do anything today and I just asked him to—

"Of course," he replied, his face lighting up when the words left my lips.

I brushed a hand over my face, taking a sip from my tea.

"But maybe..." Isaac added, frowning slightly as he looked at me. "Maybe you should eat something first."

After Isaac made me some lunch and I nearly inhaled the sandwich, he helped me in the passenger seat of his car and took off down the street.

I closed my eyes for a second and the ride to Noah's new place felt to last exactly that long, since not even ten minutes later, Isaac put the car in park and got out.