02.

Memories.

The darkness consumed him, swirled all around him but nothing came, no white light, no grace to ascension, nothing but the unforgiving cold, sharp pains exploded all over his body, how he begged for death.

A body floated in the water, pale and lifeless, almost as if the watery grave it had been sent to had made sure to make extra damage, sea gulls and crows circled above, an awaiting meal but they would never get it. Feet planted in the sand waiting for the sea to send the tide, he waited, but the tide didn't come only a tug to his wolf which growled out in his mind alerting him of his surroundings.

The he saw it, the pale body which drifted in the cold sea, wasting no time he raced toward it, swimming as fast as his body could, as he got closer nausea hit him hard, flesh and bone were visible everywhere on the body, they couldn't be alive, but that little beat of a broken heart made it to his ears, so he got moving. "Hold on, I got you, hold on." He struggled a bit knowing he had to be careful with them, they looked to have been through a ship's propeller and lived.

"I got you, help!—somebody help us!" His lungs burned as he yelled but his call was not in vain, help did come, and as he who was saved stirred in his own mind, he knew he was alive. "You'll be fine, just hang on."

∆×∆×∆

Saint Drake Dante.

"Thank you Sofia." I waved goodbye to my helper as she handed me Emory's baby bag, I had already gotten Kyro's bag, he was still my baby, even if he rarely needed it. "Deniz, buckle up." I instructed my little brother in law, he didn't protest just buckled up and waited, he knew I took bullying very seriously and I never wanted it to happen to him, he went to an Academy where it shouldn't even be an issue, but alas it was and now I had to deal with it. "Dada, papa." Emory mumbled making me smile, he was getting used to those words since he couldn't use mother, it was odd at times for people who saw the similarities between my children with both Kyro and I, wolves knew same sex couples could have kids of their own but the human populace didn't.

Those that knew were part of the pack, Lincoln, Kyro's twin who was also the alpha of the pack made sure to educate them, it was obvious ever since they were kids who would lead the pack and who would handle the family business empire, that's according to Senior, my father in law who I loved with all my sweet heart. "Will you pick me up after school, Meredith is making meatloaf at home and I don't want to die." Deniz called out making me chuckle lowly. "Come on Dee, it can't be that bad." I argued but I knew it was in vain, he would never accept it.

"Maybe you would like some, let me tell her to make extra." The teen taunted making me bite my lip and groan. "Please don't, last time your stepmom made meatloaf my husband was in the bathroom all night, puking, so yeah, I'm picking you up after school." I conceded lowly as Deniz laughed his ass off in the car. We didn't have a problem with Meredith, she was a great woman all round but her cooking, would most certainly kill cockroaches and rats. "Dad, my tablet won't turn on?" Kyro interjected making me furrow my eyebrows, I wondered if he had broken it again.

"Did papa charge it honey?" I questioned and he answered with his slumped shoulders and a pouty lip, his obsidian eyes and their canary yellow tinge always mesmerized anyone who saw them, ofcourse he got them from me but they were still a wonder. "Deniz help your nephew please." I asked as I drove toward his school, I already had words for the headmaster prepared, and if he didn't take action after hearing them, then he would suffer my wrath and the wrath of a couple of other parents.