Buried Treasure

A/n: Hey guys!!! I'm so sorry for the late update! My life has been hectic recently. Like super hectic. I'm gonna update more tho I promise!!!!

(Y/n) POV:

"S-so do I just follow where I feel it's taking us." Elizabeth asked nervously. "You're going to follow where it's guiding you. Whatever it is we're looking for it's meant to be found by you." I said with a soft smile. "B-But I don't even know what I'm looking for." She stuttered out.

"Just take a breath, Emeralds. It's not the end of the world. Just follow your gut. And honestly not knowing what you're going to find is always the best part!" I said with a large smile and Varian nodded. "She's right. And if we run into any trouble, (Y/n) and I can easily take care of it." He said and I nodded.

"Do you often run into trouble?" Rosalie asked and Varian and I glanced at each other before nodding. "Well, that certainly makes me feel better." She said and Varian rubbed the back of his neck. "To actually make you feel better, we tend to win our fights." "Sapphires is right. I've technically lost a few fights, but you and the others were right there to help me out." I said with a soft smile.

"Wait...you, a powerful witch, has lost fights?" Elizabeth asked and Varian laughed. "(Y/n) is surprisingly easy to capture." Varian said squishing my cheek and I pushed his hand away. "Hey! It's not my fault!" I said with a pout and Varian laughed. "Sure it's not, milady." He said and I crossed my arms over my chest with a pout.

"At least I didn't try to take over the kingdom...twice." I said softly the pout still on my lips. "Milady, it was one time. The second time was because I was trying to protect you. Let's not forget the many times you've been captured. And yes I do mean many. Oh, and you destroyed an entire village." Varian said with a smirk and both girls stared at us both stunned.

"At least I succeeded and didn't need to have a do over." I said back with a wider smirk and Varian groaned. "I only tried to take over the kingdom once! I'm never going to live that down." He said and I laughed.

"You aren't Sapphires. Just like how you won't let me live down that I destroyed an entire village. But hey! When you think about it, we had similar reasons!" I said and Varian rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I don't think that being somewhat controlled by a demon is something to celebrate, love." He said and I laughed.

"I didn't mean that part, silly. I meant the fact that my mom died and your dad was encased in amber. Honestly, I thought he was dead until Death told me that he wasn't." "Did he also tell you that you can preserve yourself in peanut brittle?" He asked and I stared at him confused. I opened my mouth to talk again when I was cut off.

"Woah, woah, woah! Slow down! I'm sorry, you both are criminals?!" Rosalie basically yelled. Varian and I glanced at each other and I looked down at the ground while he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I-I mean, technically we used to be. As in, not anymore." Varian said and I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not too sure about me. I might try to take over Corona myself." I said and Varian let out a snort. He instantly covered his mouth and stared wide eyed in front of him.

His blue eyes darted to mine as I tried my best to keep my laugh in. "Don't you dare start laughing! It wasn't even a good joke!" He said with wide eyes as he pointed at me.

"What? Do you think I'm not capable of taking over the kingdom?" I asked and Varian's eyes widened as I could tell he was starting to slowly panic.

"W-what?! N-no! That's not what I meant, milady! I-I think you could take over the kingdom any day!" He rushed out and I laughed. "Sapphires, I'm kidding!" I said and he immediately calmed down. Elizabeth and Rosalie did not calm down.