Side Chapter: New love or Past love?

Narrator's POV

A young boy with dark blond hair could be seen packing up books into a small box, carefully wrapping them with foam, and tying it into safety.

"Young master, Lenard. It is time for tea." (Ellis) muttered, giving a slight bow to his young master who fixes his loose glasses, bringing it up a little clumsy.

Ellis was the head maid's nephew and he was in charge of taking care of the library and perhaps even the young master himself who lounges around the place after Kein has left. He had nowhere to go for company other than the private library or the gardens.

Lenard replies with a smiling contented face after working tirelessly organizing the books he just got for Kein as a surprise. It's a box of girl's love visual novels illegally obtained from [Sprivanto]! Of course it must've cost a ton but he planned to spoil his little cousin rotten!

"Thank you Ellis. You've been a wonderful friend ever since we've met." (Lenard) says sighing leaving the box to be delivered tomorrow. "I hope Kein will like the books I've picked for her. I certainly don't want her to be bored or have no entertainment after all she just told me she found a temporary place to live in. I'm worried!"

He received Kein's letter a few days ago stating that she is fine and well currently residing in Baron Hill's home. Ellis gives Lenard a smile as he boldly takes his hand. "I'm sure the young miss is alright. Please do not worry and have some tea." (Ellis)

Lenard panicked with a flushed face nodding in answer. He can't refuse the offer of tea nor the offer from a really handsome person. He covers his flustered face with his hands doing his best to reply, "P-Please join me then. I will be more comfortable if I have someone to talk to while I drink."

Ellis was about to refuse but he just couldn't after his young master asked him of that. He nodded as he prepared tea for two people. Truly, he thought the young master was kind. "Oh! Have you also finished the book we have referenced? What do you think of the main lead ending up with the handsome assassin instead of the prince?"

"I believe that the assassin would be a much better choice for the main lead. Of course, the prince might be the first love but the assassin would've been his last and I prefer the last over the first." (Ellis) replied seriously to Lenard as he gave him his tea.

Lenard takes the tea cup gently rubbing his fingers over the rim of the cup playing around with it. "This is rather hard. To choose your first love or your second love, how philosophical and rather confusing." he says sadly taking a sip of his tea.

Ellis sits down to Lenard having a sip of his own cup placing it down into the table asking, "If you had to choose between your first love or your second love. Which one will you pick?"

Lenard tilts his head into a serious deep thinking. He really wanted to answer seriously, placing his hand under his chin. "There was a saying, two answers to the question. You should pick the first love because he wouldn't be your first for nothing."

Ellis places his shoulder playfully on the table gazing at Lenard admiringly, "What's the other answer?"