Chapter 53

~5 Months Later~

I wake up and stretch my arms over my head. With furrowed brows, I turn over and am greeted with an empty bed. I huff and gently rub my growing belly.

"Your daddy can be an ass sometimes," I tell the baby quietly.

"Daddy is not an ass," Luca counters, walking in from the bathroom.

"Why are you up so early?" I ask, sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

"Il mio piccolo angelo," he replies as he towels off his hair, "did you forget what today is?"

"No," I reply, crossing my arms over my chest. I did, I totally fucking forgot.

He chuckles and crosses the room to kneel on the bed next to me. He brushes hair out of my face and grasps my chin. I look into his sapphire blue eyes and smile. He leans down and connects our lips. Our lips move as if we were made for each other as his tongue invades my mouth to tangle with my own.

I pull away breathless with a rosy heat rushing to my cheeks. Luca smiles and kisses my forehead.

"Merry Christmas," he says softly.

I lean up and kiss him softly, "Merry Christmas."

"Go get dressed," he instructs, "we have a one year old to spoil."

I nod and peel back the blankets, climbing out of bed and going right into my closet. I grab the Christmas pajamas that Luca got me and slip them on.

I return to the bedroom and Luca is wearing the same pajamas as I am. He leans against the doorframe of the bedroom and smiles when he sees me walking over.

"Matching pajamas?" I question as he places his hand on the small of my back.

"I wanted to start our own tradition," he replies with a smile.

I smile back and he leads me downstairs. He opens the door to the living room and my jaw drops. I can barely see the tree under the mountain of presents that cover half the room.

There is an array of pastries and fruits on the coffee table next to mugs of hot chocolate, and a sippy cup of chocolate milk.

"The red ones are hers and the gold are yours," he says, gesturing to the pile.

"This is way too much," I exclaim, looking up at him, "I didn't get you a truck load of gifts."

"You are my gift," he replies with a grin and my cheeks burn red.

I take a seat on the couch and Luca joins me. He grabs a mug and hands it to me before taking one for himself.

"Good morning," Alice smiles as she walks in carrying Elle.

She wiggles her way out of Alice's arms and runs over to Luca. She wears the same pajamas as us and he lifts her into his lap.

"Thank you Alice," I smile at her, "you can take off and your bonus is by the front door."

"Grazie," she replies before leaving.