0:05

The wind seemed to be angry, branches haphazardly swaying from right to left, leaves holding onto the branches for their dear lives, and those tired falling to their death, onto the ground – to be trampled upon and soon wither

It violently licked the bare skin of the five who ran up a hill, Hendrichs in front – seemingly leading the pack, but really just wanting to be in his own mind, ahead of the group as he dwelt within his true element. Secluding himself from the group, when he wanted to, was nothing new – quite frankly, the boys had just learnt to let him be and allow him to come back into the circle when he was ready.

Behind him ran Logan and Amaru, who both were in conversation as they ran – talking about the robbery that happened in Amaru's apartment building the previous night, and how lucky he was that it did not touch him, neither did they get to his place.

The robbers had attacked his neighbor, having been tipped by the security guard on how the couple had just recently come back from their honeymoon, with loads of gifts on their wedding day. Thus they attacked them and wiped their place clean of all the new gadgets and appliances, leaving them with just the bare minimum but the expensive stuff gone.

Because Amaru was a deep sleeper, he had only known about the robbery when he later woke up and heard the surrounding neighbors talk about what had happened. It was crazy to him, that others were just watching the robbery occur from their little peepholes but had not gone out to try and help or even called the police. Maybe people these days only cared about saving their own skin, and not lending a hand to those who need it.

The thing about life though is things always circle back around, and when you then need the help – no one will be there to help you as well.

However Michael kept laughing at Shane who seemed to be out of breath as she ran behind the whole pack. Michael jogged slowly, his back facing the pack as he watched Shane struggle to follow behind.

"Stop laughing," Shane whines with short breaths escaping her lips, trying as hard as she can to keep pushing, and running. Her calves felt heavy, quite frankly every stride felt like she was carrying dead weight. It did not help that sweat had made its home on her face, and down the dips that formed her waist into her sport leggings that hugged her skin for their dear life.

"C'mon, we're almost at the top, then we'll rest," Michael puts on his playful smile, blue eyes low – looking seductive as ever. Looking at him, Shane could not deny the attraction that sat on its high seat between them – he was an attractive man, especially with his chest out and sweat cascading down his muscular body, his well-defined chest as ravishing as ever.

Looking elsewhere, Shane chooses to pay attention to the road, trying not to look at the distance ahead of them. That's something Hendrichs had said in his speech before they started the jog from the auto shop – start slow, then pick up your pace. Don't look too far ahead – and don't give up. It's all in the mind, so tell your mind to get with the plan.