38

*nervous chuckle* Hey guys.

I know I know. I haven't updated in a while and blah blah blah but in my defense, I had writer's block. This chapter was one of the small ideas I had to bring this story out so like it.

Or I will kill you.

It's a sextuple update btw. You're welcome.

38

I walked out of my room and made my way down to the kitchen. It had been two weeks since my little breakdown, two weeks since I started staying at this penthouse, two weeks since I got shot and two weeks since I saw Vittore.

I hated to admit I missed him. Just a little but I was avoiding him. I had no idea why I just was. I didn't feel like talking to anyone but Maddox kept coming over and trying to start a conversation. I'd mostly ignore him because I wasn't in the mood. He was acting weirdly clingy and I didn't like it. Alexa had also shown up on occasion and unlike the red head, she kept quiet and only talked to me if she wanted to.

I regret saying this but she did seem less bitchy which was good for my mental and physical well being. Her's too. I was in the mood to punch whoever disturbed me.

I felt like I was doing a walk of shame, getting out of my room for the first time in the past two days. I'd been living in there on snacks and juice but I was craving something home cooked and I didn't feel like cooking alone so I went in the elevator and down to Faye's floor to be with her.

It would be good to change the scenery. I knew every inch of the penthouse and I honestly was tired of it. I got off at Faye's floor and there were so many doors and I had no idea where I was supposed to be going. a maid was pushing a cart down the hall and I stopped her.

"Hey, I'm looking for Faye Cefalo," I said and the maid looked confused for a second until it clicked in her mind.

"Room 1112 miss."

I thanked the maid and continued down the hall until I reached her room, knocking politely. I played with the end of my white tee as I waited. I'd paired them with dark blue sweats and decided to go barefoot because most of the shoes provided didn't fit me. Plus I was just visiting Faye. I'm sure she was in the same state.

The door was opened and I was right. The only difference was her sweats were grey. She smiled at me.

"Hello darling. How are you?" she asked.

"i'm fine Faye," I answered simply.

"Most the clothes didn't fit either I reckon," she stated with a laugh and I nodded as she ushered me inside. Her place was smaller than the penthouse but the studio apartment was still bigger than most. "What's up?"

"Uh... I was just kinda home alone and I was wondering if you wanted to spend some time together but if you're busy-"

"Oh no Dalia. I literally have a lot of free time. Like the rest of my life since I don't do much anymore," Faye said and her words were sad in a way.

"Cool. What do you want to make?" I asked.

"What should you be eating?" she retaliated, giving me a stern look.

"I can eat anything at the moment. I'm fine-"

"I asked what you're supposed to be eating Dalia not your whole life story," Faye said with a roll of her eyes, walking into her kitchen and opening her large fridge. I sighed.

"Red meats and green vegetables mostly," I answered finally and Faye cheered, pulling out a packet from the fridge.

"Beef stew?" she asked and I nodded. That sounded great.