㉕ Lives worth killing

Mark me like a bloodstain.

Stark

   All that we killed together, it was me who take their last breath away. But as for Bucky Barnes, Peter did everything. I watched him buried his knife right into Barnes' eyeballs. I saw the look on Peter's face after he saw Barnes' soul leaving his body. I saw the way he got up and looked back at me, with no regret nor guilt in those brown eyes.

   Only chaos. And I was fascinated.

   He cured the hunger of my snake after he fed the heart and body himself. Then took a shower without saying anything, but he sang a song.

   There is a house in New Orleans.

   It's called the Rising Sun.

   And it's been the ruin of many poor boys,

   And God, I know, I'm one.

   This song is stuck in my head on our way to the university, waiting for Steve Rogers to send us the location pointing likely towards my father.

   I couldn't feel bad about how I changed Peter, but then again I was one of the biggest causes of his choice to self-destruction. I look at him before we get out of the car.

   "Pete,"

   "Yes?" He turns around to look at me.

  I touch the bruises on his cheekbones, where I punched him last night.

   "If you go down, I go down with you." That's what I can give him for turning him into this.

   He touches my turtle snake to cover up the bruises he also did to me last night. "Me too."

   We nod at each other and walk out. I got him a black leather jacket to match my red one on the way here.

   We get out of the school, and I can hear people talking about us. We have no shit to give about it, so we join the class without listening. We listen to boring lectures while I look at Barnes' phone impatiently to get more specific details from Rogers.

   "Miss Stark."

   The professor calls.

   "Yes?" I look at him, then noticing a woman with red hair standing outside the class.

   "Someone would like to speak to you for a moment. Go ahead." The professor says. I look back to Peter who has a concerned look on his face, I pat him on the back before walking out.

   In the hallway, a beautiful girl, wearing something definitely agent-related. I put on a confused, naive look as I approach her.

   "Miss (Y/n) Stark, my name is Agent Natasha Romanoff, I work in the same department as Agent James Buchanan Barnes which I'm sure you've heard of him." She eyes me for a suspect, but she's only seeing an innocent college student.

   "Yes... Nice to meet you. There was a murder near my property, and Agent Barnes came asking questions. Then..."

   "He asked you out on a date?" She asks.