CHAPTER 2: WELCOME BACK

RHEA'S POV

"Welcome home!"

I gasped at the surprise in the room painted with green and white as another banner of greeting was displayed in the very front of it. The "WELCOME" word was painted in different kind of colors.

"Hey! Long time no see little sis!" Vincent came with a delightful face, opening his arms then engulfing me to a tight embrace. His cheerful face is showing everything as much he misses me.

What a block head!

"So tight. Can't breath..." I commented while trying to get back my breath from his tight suicidal hug.

He chuckled and pulled away to stare at me with twinkling eyes.

"I thought you wanted to choke me." I remarked while placing my things on the floor. I turn to see my little sister, Veron, hugging my mom with missing eyes.

"You've... matured." Vincent commented, while looking at my entire body with shining eyes, making me roll my own at him.

I glow up from my childish look to a mature-looking woman. All because of Dave. My skin is as white as paper so when Vincent hugged me tight, I can see red marks around my skin. That's how sensitive my white skin is. My hair got curlier when it got longer to my waist. It's straight from my head down to my shoulder but naturally curly at the end. No matter what, I love its flow and I don't want to cut it. I even worked hard to maintain my waist though my breast didn't grew that big or even my butt. It doesn't matter anyway as long as I'm beautiful.

"I guess you become like that because you're still in love with Dave!" Vincent teased, making me swat his dark hair. "Am I wrong? I admit, you are really beautiful. People might think you're my girlfriend once we go to school."

"Very entertaining Vin, but I'm smitten with someone else." I laughed at him. Those remarks, he's bugging my peaceful mind again. I admit it, Vincent has matured too, he grew up to six feet though I just remained on my 5'5 height. I'm so small standing in front of him.

"I knew it. I'll call Dave." He laughed once more and dialled his phone.

"He's not here?" I managed to ask out of the blue. I thought he might be showing in our house since he's Vincent's bestfriend. I turned sad all of a sudden.

"He's not answering his phone. Well, maybe next time." Vincent replied while tucking his phone back to his pocket. My big brother has really matured. He is handsome yet playful. Unlike me, his black hair is conventionally standing. He's one of those handsome men in the band, women are screaming their lungs for.

But still, Dave's gorgeousness is in another level.

"You turned silent. Disappointed about Dave?" He laughed mockingly at me. I just ignored him and went my way to my former room.

It's really true. My excitement coming come disappeared, thinking about Dave. Maybe I was just too assuming.

"Hey, darling. Done unpacking your things?" I heard Dad's voice on my door as I fix my room.

"Not yet, Dad." I replied and smiled a little at him then continued unpacking my clothes.

"Come down for dinner. Vincent's girlfriend is joining us." I choked. I turn to Dad and he is already ascending on the stairs. Wait, Vincent has a girlfriend? Unlucky girl. I laughed in my mind.

After doing what I'm supposed to do, I took a shower, wear clothes and come down the stairs. I wore my fluffy home slippers going down the staircase.

As soon as I reached the last step on the staircase, I can hear muffled voices from the dining room. I quickly entered to check an amazing celebration going on inside. What a feast! The table is full of home made viands that I really miss from here.

"Come on Rhea. We're starting." Mom stated with a smile as I head towards the table, sitting in between her and a vacant seat. There's a girl wearing next to the vacant seat wearing a navy blue sweatshirt who I don't recognize. Maybe she's Vincent's girlfriend.

"I'm Kendra." Vincent's girlfriend introduced with a flattering smile. She's beautiful and I can't believe she fell in love with my good-for-nothing big brother.

"Oh hi. I'm Rhea. Vincent's little sister." I smiled at her too. She looks so innocent and friendly that we can get along without a big spun of time. We shake hands and pulled away after Vincent came and sat on the vacant seat in between us.

"Let's eat. I'm starving." He whispered. Daddy led the prayer before we dig in our food. Oh, how I really miss this.

"How's living outside the country?" Vincent asked while forking his food.

"Pretty nice." I replied shortly before placing a spoonful in my mouth.

"You must have met other guys out there. I mean guys who are more handsome and really attractive. You could have chose one of them." Vincent stated with whole fam chuckling.

I didn't replied. Vincent knows who I want and what I want. He must've want something to tell me along with those words.

"How many of those guys have you turned down?" Veron asked, eyeing me shortly. I can't believe my little sister. She's only thirteen but she talks as if she has the right to talk back like an adult.

"I lost count because I'm not interested." I replied and finished my food. Vincent and Dad were snickering at me.

"You must have hurt those guy's feelings." Dad remarked and laughed.

"Just like what happened to you when I rejected you the first time you court me?" I choked at my mom's remark to Dad, making Dad blush in no time.

"Do you really have to say that in front of our children? Sweetheart, don't embarrass me..." Daddy embarrassedly stared at mom with pleading eyes. I smiled thinly at my parents. How I wish to have a successful marriage with the man of my dreams one day too, just like mom and dad.

I stood up, brought my plate to the sink and left the dining table.

***

"...then Vincent asked me to be his girlfriend then I said yes." Kendra ended her story. I asked her awhile back how she ended up dating my block-headed big brother that she shortly answered. We're talking inside my big room, walls painted with bright sky blue, dark blue, navy blue and other kinds of blue with moon and stars designing it.

"That's so nice of you. I can smack Vincent if he ever cheat on you." I replied with my punching fist in the air. She's a very nice conversation partner because she never runs out of topic.

We had other conversations until Vincent popped out of my door.

"Kendra? You want to sleep here with Rhea or should I drive you home? It's your choice..." Vincent lovingly asked. I want to laugh so hard. Being loving doesn't suit him, said my own perspective.

"Drive me home. I miss my bed already." Kendra lovingly replied and stood from my bed. "See you tomorrow at school Rhea. We're on the same spot right? So we'll be seeing each other often then." She smiled and waved, going away.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I replied and waved as she disappeared from my room. Vincent is still there on the door. "What?"

He chuckled and pocket his hands.

"You're excited to see Dave tomorrow, aren't you?" He mocked as I send one of my white pillows flying to his direction.

"Mind your own business." I hissed at him as he shielded himself. He stared at me with raised eyebrows.

"When we go to school tomorrow, prepare yourself if you're that crazy with Dave. He didn't attend this welcome party for you because he went on a date with his girlfriend." His girlfriend? Vincent's statement repeated senselessly in my mind.

Dave has a girlfriend? Why didn't I know about it?

"They're having their third monthsary today so he didn't attend. He wants to send a welcome back message to you through me so, welcome back." Vincent shrugged.

Right now, I feel rugged in my heart.

***