Car Ride

"And I would walk 500 miles."

"And I would walk 500 more."

"Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles."

"To fall down at your door."

Bucky leaned forward and turned off the radio. He had enough of the this stupid song.

Sam turned to look at the man, perplexed by his audacity. "Val and I were singing that."

"Trust me, I know."

Valen scuffed. "Did you not enjoy our concert?"

"I enjoyed it the first time I heard it, but not second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth time. Who walks a thousand miles when they can fly there?"

"Well we can't fly there can we genius?"

Bucky's eyes went wide. "Are you accusing me?"

Valen played innocent, putting a hand over her heart. "I would never. It's not like you blew up the Quinjet or anything."

Steve side eyed Natasha who pretended like she wasn't listening to what was happening in the back seat.

"It wasn't my fault."

Bucky leaned forward but Sam pushed Valen behind him the best he could sitting in a car. He leaned even closer to Bucky's face. "Then whose fault was it?"

"Steve."

Steve's head whipped to the rearview window to look at Bucky. "It was not my fault."

"Oh yes it was."

The whole car erupted in yelling. Everyone was blaming each other while Natasha defended Steve. Valen just sat in the middle of the backseat knowing full well she was the one who blew up the Quinjet.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

-
One Day Earlier

Valen swung around with one leg in the air and swiftly kicked down her opponent. She felt bad that Steve made her train with an agent because she knew she would destroy him.

She put both of her hands on her hips and glared at Steve. "Am I done? Can I have a challenge now?"

The agent on the floor holding his face looked insulted. It was true though, their fight only lasted four minutes. Three of those minutes were a pity wait so he wouldn't feel so bad after Valen took him down.

Steve nodded his head at Thor who was standing right beside him with his arms crossed.

Thor chuckled. "This shall be interesting. A little girl could never take me do-"

Valen was already in the air wrapping her legs around his neck to pull him down. He landed with a thud as she rolled off.

He gave a weak embarrassed smile. "I was simply not ready."

He gave Steve a thumbs up before getting back up. He looked more determined as he stared down the tiny silver headed girl. No way was he going to let her get another chance on him.

Valen took off first on the attack. She dodged his attempts to grab her and threw her foot in the air to kick him. Thor caught her foot and threw her, making her spin in the air before landing on the ground. She waited for him to be close enough before wrapping her leg around his ankle. She jerked her leg back towards herself, making Thor stumble backwards, but not enough to fall. She took his momentarily loss of balance and placed an ice slab underneath his foot to make him slip. He tried to stop himself from falling but Valen came running to tackle him to the ground. She stood back up triumphantly.