Chapter 68: Don't cry

Edric's P.O.V.

My face is stained with tears of what happened yesterday... Maybe if I jumped in sooner, he'd still be here... "Ed... Are you okay?" Uncontrollably, more tears stream down. "Oh no... Edric, don't worry. Maybe he's fine." Amity gives me a hug. She'd never hug anyone besides Luz. But because of recent events, I know she's trying to comfort me. "Don't cry, Ed. You'll get a tummy ache." Luz tells me, also hugging me. King and Eda sit in the room, both looking sympathetic.

"How bad was it, exactly?" Eda asks, looking to us with squinted eyes. "He was... Bleeding a lot. Like some big animal was trying to eat him. Bitten by his side. And the two witches took him away were coven leaders. The abomination leader and I think the beast keeping leader." Amity explains.

Eda looks to her with wide eyes. "Are you sure? What did they look like." Luz speaks up. "One had gooey purple hair and dark skin. The other was tiny with- uh.. fur?" The room goes silent for a few seconds. "Those two took away Raine... And you tried to fight them?" She sighs looking down before continuing. "And after breaking me out, the security must've increased."

Luz stands up. "Then we need to get help!" "Not so fast! What if the coven leaders see us? Just one of them is too much. We'll get help but we need to be strategic about this." I wipe my tears. I don't just want to mope around. I need to help him too.

"I'll call Lilith. She could help us... She may think he's a brat, but I'll tell her everything." "Why would she think that?" I ask The Owl Lady. "Because he got special attention from The Emperor." That's it? Don't see how anyone could envy that kind of attention.

"I'll get Gus and Willow!" Luz without stopping runs out the door. "What will you do, Amity?" I ask my sister who sits beside me. "I'm going too. I know Luz is and so are you.  I may not be 100% about him. But I know he's not all that bad." She admits to my surprise. This brings me comfort, knowing my sister will be with us to help.

Luckily, I've stopped crying. Or at least for the moment. Still. I know this can't be easy.

(How is it? Spelling? Rushed?)