⚠️ • | Chapter Forty-Five | • ⚠️

{ ⚠️ Trigger Warning: Violence & Mention of AB ⚠️ }

Michael paced outside the girl's bathroom as he impatiently waited for Riley to come out. It had been at least ten minutes since she ran in there and he checked his watch occasionally to keep track of the dismissal bell. He looked around briefly before finally heaving a heavy sigh and walked into the restroom.

"Riley?" He called out, stooping down to look for a pair of feet.

She slowly lifted her head from her arms with a confused look and caught a glimpse of him through the crack of the stall door. "Michael?"

He stood back up and walked over to the biggest stall. He sighed again when he noticed it was locked. "Ry, can you please talk to me? You're worrying me."

"I'm fine." She lied, quickly wiping her wet face with her sleeves. "I just had to pee really bad."

Michael suddenly chuckled, although he didn't really find the situation funny. "Ry, you're a lot of things, but you're not a very good liar."

She rolled her eyes.

"Why were you asking me all those questions back there? At first I thought it was because you were worried about us taking that step, but now I'm sure it's about something else."

"Like I said before, I was just curious." She said as she pulled herself up from the floor and dusted off her jeans.

"So why'd you run out of my office like you were about to cry?"

She didn't answer and he raised his brow. Before he could speak, she had unlocked the stall and stepped out. Her eyes were no longer red but he could still see the tear streaks on her cheeks.

He deeply sighed, then took her hands to pull her close to him. "I'm really worried about you. You've been crying a lot and asking certain questions out of the blue, and I don't know what's causing you to act like this. If I did anything to—"

"You didn't do anything, Michael." She interrupted softly. "It's just... I have a lot going on and I guess all this stress is making me spazz out."

"What about the questions and you running out of my office?" He asked.

"I've been hearing some virgin-horror stories around school lately which is why I was asking you. I ran out because I guess I got a little overwhelmed with it all." She shrugged.

He led her over to the sinks and grabbed some paper towels from the dispenser to wet it. As he gently wiped at her dried tears, he said, "You can't believe everything you hear, Ry. Some people's first time is worse than others, but they're not all bad."

Snippets of that horrendous night were beginning to creep back in and she looked up into his eyes as another lone tear fell. He gently wiped it away as his other hand caressed her side.

"What's making you cry so much, babe? It can't still be your period, right?" He quietly asked.

She didn't answer as she pushed his hand away, then wrapped her arms around his waist and pressed her face into his chest. He frowned as he gently held her and rubbed her back.

"Tell me what's wrong." He whispered into her hair.

She simply shook her head. Disappointed but not wanting to push her, he reluctantly dropped the subject.

"Come on, let's head back to the office before the bell rings."

🥀