16

Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen 

I'll shake this world off my shoulders, come on baby this laugh's on me...

HARRY

The rain pelted down and against the windowsill. I sat back and watched as Isabella danced around in nothing but a pair of light grey knickers and my Ramones t-shirt. A smirk remained plastered against my lips as she sang off tune to some hit from the eighties. She was oblivious to her audience. Her hips shaking off beat while her dark hair fanned against her face. She was happy. 

I remained seated on the couch in our living room, surrounded by an abundance of pillows. There had been a pillow maker at one of the markets we had visited a few weekends past, and she had gone crazy. 

"These would look amazing against the grey fabric of our couch," she had adamantly explained as she threw a few of the yellow and white pillows towards me. I had only nodded in response, figuring it was best not to fight her on this because I knew I'd cave anyways. I always did when it came to her. 

I could see her hips sway to the song... Dancing in The Dark... one of her favourites... a song that I'd always associate with her. 

Holding back my laugh, I sneak around her and wrap my arms around her waist. She squeals in surprise, a joyful laugh sounding through her. She squeezes my hands that are wrapped tightly around her waist and begins to swing side to side in an exaggerated manner. 

She drops the wooden spoon on the counter and takes my hands in her own. She swings around so that she's facing me... a wide grin spread across her lips. She sings off key to the words while she moves our bodies to the music. We're off the beat but she doesn't seem to mind. 

There's a light that shines behind her eyes. It's infectious. I laugh with her. Letting go of her hands, I snake my arms around her and lift her up. She places her feet on the tops of my own and swings her arms around my neck. Izzy giggles and looks down at our moving feet and I can't help but join her. 

It's in these moments when the world around us seems to disappear. It's only her and I - nothing else seems to matter. She kisses me eagerly and giggles against my mouth. 

"I -" kiss, "love -" kiss, "you!" 

I sit her on top of the counter. I place my hands on top of her bare thighs, moving them up and down slowly. I lean in and kiss the corner of her lips. "I..." I kiss her cheek, "love," and then her jaw, "you," her neck, "more," and then her lips. 

She wraps her arms around my neck, her fingers threading through my hair. Her mouth opens expectantly... an invitation to further the kiss. I do so, and move my tongue inside... our mouths moving lethargically together. Slowly, my hands creep up her thighs until I reach the lace lining of her knickers. 

She hums against my mouth... her legs wrapping around my body and pulling me in closer... "I really do love you..." she reassures me, kissing my jawline. "Let's eat, yeah?" 

The radio switched to another song. The strong aroma of basil and tomatoes wafting towards us. I step away from the counter to let her jump off. I slap her bum lightly, and she gives me a glare but soon breaks into a fit of giggles. 

"Can you get one bottle of wine and glasses?" she asked, her hands full of two bowls of pasta and headed towards the living room.

Wordlessly, I retrieved the bottle of wine we had bought for a fiver. I wasn't sure if it was going to be the smoothest of wines, but it didn't really matter. With our bowls balancing on our laps, and the glasses of wine seated safely on the coffee table, we dug into freshly made pasta.