ix. unwanted visitors and old memories

CHAPTER NINE·

CHAPTER NINE
·.¸¸.·♪♫ mr perfectly fine ♫♪·.¸¸.·

AFTER THE CONVERSATION, she had with her sister about who her mystery girlfriend was Anne had agreed she'd know at homecoming (which was thankfully a week away). Reece was content with this answer and went into her room to practice her makeup skills. The most Reece could do was a natural look, which is what she did on a daily basis. The redhead quite liked doing her makeup and she enjoyed learning the new technics that she'd learn from Scarlett, Josie, and YouTube.

As she had just finished wiping off the last of her makeup, her phone began to light up a text notification from EJ. She rolled her eyes, did he really think he was in any position to talk to her again after everything he said earlier that day? She didn't think so, but she opened it anyway. What she saw, however, when she opened the text was not what she was expecting. Instead of him apologizing it was pictures and videos.

EJ

These came up in my snapchat memories...

As she flipped through the pictures and videos, a sad smile took form. She remembered that night. It was during May of that year, Reece had been super bored that day and wasn't able to sleep, so she called her boyfriend (at the time). Who drove to her house (it was around a 10 minute drive) at 2:30 am just to take her to get her favourite things. Fries from McDonald's, burger from Wendy's and strawberry ice cream from Baskin Robins. Somehow he'd found a Baskin Robins still open, how? She had no idea. Afterwards, they went to the park and stared at the stars, even when it rained they didn't leave. "It's like a movie!" Reece would say, only for EJ to laugh in return. It was the best night of her life.

Reece turned her phone off, not wanting to see anymore of the pictures. She wiped the last of the makeup off her eyes and grabbed her guitar. As she strummed the strings she hummed where the lyrics would've been.

Oh, I was doing fine
You said, "Remember that night?
Remember that night?"
Oh, I was doing fine
You said, "Remember that night?
Remember that night?"

♪♫  ♫♪

Once Reece had finished the song, which she'd called Remember That Night?, it was only 10 o'clock and so she decided to take a walk, it probably wasn't the best idea as she was a girl alone at night but her neighbourhood was pretty safe. But she does not recommend doing this. As she slipped her (favourite) Taylor Swift shirt on, disregarding the previous shirt she had on, the doorbell rang. Tying her converse she made her way downstairs. They continued to ring the bell.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" She yelled, stuffing her phone in her pants pocket. "Impatient son of a-" she opened the door to reveal a man. He looked to be in his late 30s to early 40s. He had brown hair and blue eyes, the same blue eyes Reece had.