CHAPTER 33

Abhimanyu's POV 

I felt someone stir against me. I slowly opened my eyes and groaned , my neck was so stiff from the position I was sleeping in. I looked down to see Meera partially on top of me. I don't remember falling asleep. I slowly removed my phone from my pocket , trying not to wake her up. I check the time and it's just 5am. 

I gently get up placing Meera's head on the the sofa. I then lift her up in my arms and carry her towards the room. She moves a little but doesn't wake up. I place her on the bed and pull the cover over her. I stare at her injured hand beside her face. I called the police commissioner last night and told him about the incident. I want those people to suffer who did this to Alia and my Meera. Just thinking about someone hurting Meera made me want to kill that person but I look at her sleeping figure beside me. She's here with me, my angel is safe. 

"Abhi, why are you awake so early?", she asks slowly turning towards me and rubbing her eyes. She looked so cute and sexy at the same time. How is that even possible?

"I don't sleep much usually, you should go back to sleep", I say tucking a strand of behind her ear. She shakes her head in response.

"I'm awake", she says and looks at me frowning slightly. "What are you thinking about"

I hesitate for a moment and she notices this. Meera gets up and holds my hand.

" you are clearly worried about something. What happened?", she says and I sigh. Well she caught me.

"I was thinking about what happened last night. I just couldn't stand the sight of you getting hurt, those people are going to suffer. No one hurts what's mine"

"What's yours? Someone's too possessive"

"Damn right I am. You are and always will be mine", I say staring deep into her eyes and meaning every word of it.

"We'll see about that", she says playfully and attempts to get up but I pull her back so that she lands in my lap.

"There is nothing to be seen, you are mine and I am yours , forever" , I say into her ear and she jumps slightly.

"Your beard tickles", she says rubbing here ear and chuckling slightly. We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. Just then a thought strikes me.

"Can I ask you something, its a little silly", I say and she looks at me curiously, "never mind, its very silly and-"

"You can ask me anything, no matter how silly it is"

"Uh,ok. It may sound weird but I have never seen you cry, its not like I want you to but there were so many instances and-", i say but stop because she stiffens a little." I know its silly, you don't even have to answer it, there's probably no reason", I say quickly and wait for her to say something. After a few seconds she says,

"My mother, she died of a heart attack and when that happened I was at home. The housekeeper started shouting and I rushed towards to find mom holding her chest in pain. I immediately called the ambulance but I guess she knew that she won't survive. Dad had also come by that time and naturally we all had tears in our eyes. The last she she did was wipe one of  my tear and say 'Never cry '. So I don't think I have cries since then, I don't know why exactly but I guess it was the one last thing she told me to do and I felt like I should honor it", she says softly looking distant as if recalling the whole incident was painful for her.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. She'd be proud of you,  wish I could have met her"

She slowly meets my eye and says, "I'm glad you asked, I needed to talk about it at some point and I wish you could have met her too, she would have loved you"