||Dainsleif: Legend of the Saints Tear

|| Requested by i0x_9i ||

||dainsleif x m!reader||

please read the a/n down below, it's really important and it's regarding the genshin merch I'm making!

also, know that nothing here is based on real genshin facts nor theories. I really just shitted some things out from my ass and made a fanfic out of it.

[Legend of the saints tear]

Although Dainsleif claims that he's able to remember the events of thousands of years ago, and that he has 'knowledge of fate', a portion of his memories had been blank.

He is the embodiment of mystery, but this missing past of his was more mysterious.

Dainsleif often recalls a person in his dreams, even when he's just spacing out. Although he can't make out his face, he doubts he'd be able to even if he sees it. The image was far to foreign for him.

He didn't let such things bother him at first, but after months of this nonsense, he finally had enough.

"You want to commission me?" Y/n took a sip of his beer. Angels share was busy like always. Two men sat down by the corner on the second floor. "Just know I won't be accepting money for this."

Dainsleif frowned, "Then what is it you want? You don't seem like the type to do things to your disadvantage."

"Have you heard about the legend of the saints tear?"

Y/n leaned his head on his arm. If Dainsleif didn't know any better, he'd think the man in front of him was drunk based on his cat-like smile.

The legend of the saints tear. It is known all across Teyvat, though the origin of that legend is unknown. It tells the story of an age before archons, and where the Gods pass their messages through chosen people called saints. One day, a saint went against Gods wishes and angered the God he served. The God cursed him and locked his divine powers and memories, then banished the saint from the temple. But those memories couldn't just disappear into nothing, therefore the God stored it inside a tear shaped gem and sealed it deep inside a cave.

the old legend was now passed around as a children's bedtime story, though a bit frightening in the eyes of a child.

"I help you find this person in your memories, you help me find the saints tear, deal?"

Dainsleif watched the outstretched hand. "deal."

~~~~

The land of Mondstadt has many ruins. It would've been hard to find a specific one, but not for Dainsleif.

not long after they set out, the two have already found the deserted ruins.

Y/n looked out towards the sea from the edge of the cliff. After confirming the location, they split up, picking apart the rubble and searched each corner.

Y/n was about to move locations when he spotted a specific brick on the wall. It was then he realized the gap on each sides of the brick. It wasn't a large gap so it was easily looked over, however it was enough for an adults finger to slip through.

Y/n yanked the brick out of it spot, revealing a dilapidated notebook inside. Not only was the leather cover far from recovery, there was but a single yellow paper inside what was supposed to be a book.

there was no hesitation when he grabbed to book from its place.

"What did you find?"

Y/n's gut nearly launched 600 meters into the distance, but he didn't show it in his face. "do you usually come out of nowhere?"