EP6: dagger content

dagger changed her bandage and rung to august, sticking her tongue out in focus

"yo bitch! what's up?" her friend's cheerful voice greeted her almost immediately. "what are you doing? hello? earth to dagger?"

"give me a second cunt" dagger hissed, earning a laugh from pecan. she finished putting the bandage and took her phone to the kitchen, to wash her hands

"you done?" pecan smirked and watched their friend put the phone next to sink.

"yeah... so, i have a problem–" dagger started

"you always have a problem– okay, go on" pecan giggled when dagger sent her a death stare

"it's been a week and i still don't have any furniture... but besides that i think we need to postpone our just dance date" dagger sighed dramatically and dried her hands on her pokemon t-shirt.

"WHAT?" pecan yelled

"i stepped on glass really badly and my feet hurts" dagger pouted "i mean not as much as it did though"

"that's... that's the shittiest excuse you've ever had" august huffed, frowning "even shittier than "sorry pecan, my cat died" even though you don't have a cat"

"no, no, i'm for real! i can show you my bandage" dagger mumbled, feeling bad.

such situations were happening a lot. pecan, being the bubbliest person of all, the extrovert and party animal invited dagger, the social-anxious introverted bookworm to every possible party. before covid and during, while during covid it was more like max four people (that both dagger and pecan knew). but still, dagger was declining since she just felt better alone. or just with pecan.

it wasn't like she wanted to have pecan for herself, she just felt more comfortable with her than with her friends. that's why august came up with "preparing parties" – so basically pecan was throwing a whole ass party just for dagger so she could feel more comfortable in such environment. and it worked for both of them: party itself was making pecan happy and making pecan happy made dagger happy.

"look!" dagger scoffed and turned her camera "it's better than it was but im in pain, pecan"

"i see, i see. may you elaborate on how it happened? and why you didn't tell me anything? i don't wanna hear the being a burden talk or ill whoop your ass" pecan said and put her hands together, interlocking her fingers.

"well i was drinking wine and almost tweeted my selfie... so i had a whole ass heart attack and the bottle crushed on the floor. i wanted to save my son and instead i was the one who got hurt" dagger whined and pointed at the bandage.