Ch. 41 - MEMORY FOUND

Avalon's outfit:

Chapter Forty-One⚡Memory Found⚡

Chapter Forty-One
Memory Found

"The tunnel gate's locked. Everything is locked." Lydia said as she ran into the bunker and Scott closed and locked the door behind him. "Think it'll hold them off?" Malia asked and Avalon sighed softly, "Probably not." She said and Lydia shook her head. "Definitely not." She said.

"You guys aren't hoping I'm gonna be the optimist, are you?" Malia asked and Avalon chuckled and shook her head as she walked past her to the metal ice box. "So, how cold does this thing get?" Scott asked as he walked up to stand next to Avalon, "Cold enough for a Hellhound. It's not the same thing as the ice bath you gave Isaac, but it can lower your core temperature past anything a human can survive." Lydia explained.

"So, what does freezing our asses off have to do with our memories?" Malia asked, looking at Lydia crazy, "It'll slow your heart rate and put you in a trance-like state." Lydia said and Scott raised his eyebrows. "Like hypnosis." He said and Lydia nodded, "Hypnotic regression. If we can figure out how to work it." She said and Malia glanced around.

"This says start. So, maybe it's not that complicated." Malia said, pointing at a button on the side while Avalon looked at the other side where a bunch of knobs and dials were. "...It's complicated." She said. "So, optimistically, how much time do you think we need to do this?" Malia asked and Scott looked over at her, "As much time as Liam and Stilinski can buy us." He said.

Malia pressed the start button and it came to life. "Okay. It's doing something. Whose first?" Malia asked as she glanced at everyone, "I'll go." Avalon said as she took her sweater off and Malia raised her eyebrows. "Are you sure?' She asked and she nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure." She said before smiling at her girlfriend and moving to go into the box. She looked at them through the small window and nodded making Scott lock it.

"Remember, this will get cold enough to kill you. You may be a Pyro Witch but you're not the same as a Hellhound. So, if something feels wrong, or, like it's not working..." Lydia trailed off and Avalon just nodded, "It's going to be work... Hopefully." She said and Lydia raised her eyebrows. "I hope you're not saying that because you think we know what we're doing." Lydia said and Avalon chuckled, "I'm saying that because I think you can figure it out."

Scott sighed softly and nodded before turning all the dials making cold air blow into the box. Avalon sucked in a deep slightly before closing her eyes. "So, what are we supposed to do? Talk to her? Help her remember? Wait 'til she turns into a Chimera freezy-pop?" Malia asked looking over at Scott and Lydia.

"We need to guide her, keep her focused." Lydia said before looking over at Avalon, "Avalon, you have to think about him. Concentrate on Stiles. Try to picture him in your head. Think about what he looks like, things he's said." She said and Avalon nodded. All of the sudden the machine made a noise and started beeping making them look around alarmed.