Chapter 19 | Painful

What happened Ryaan? Why do you look so—" he cuts me off with a sentence which automatically made my body stumble a step back.

"Uncle...Kinza's dad is admitted in the hospital—he is in a very serious condition...they called you but you did not pick the call so" a gasp leaves my lips, the heaviness of his words lingering in my mind and I feel like killing myself for keeping the phone in silent just Because I thought I would take a leave today.

"He—how is he?" I cover my mouth not able to take this guilt and news "I-I don't know abbu went to the hospital you should take bhabhi with you" kinza...how am I going to say this to her?

"Ya allah...give me 10 minutes I will be down" I hold myself together and Ryaan nods and walks away quickly.

I rush towards the washroom to freshen up and get ready. My hands trembling as I walk towards kinza not knowing how to face her or how to say her I sit beside her. Just at the thought of she crying her eyes out is scaring me to death—I can't see her like that—I just can't see her when she cries I feel my heart tightening already...I don't know what is going to happen...I hope uncle is safe.

"Kinza" I gently tap her arm to wake her up but she first groans and then blinks her eyes to open them "wake up" I gently run my finger through her hair but hear her groaning and mumbling something.

"Wake up kinza" I again try and she groans and opens her eyes to look at me "you said I can take a leave today...why are you waking me?" She mumbles her cheeks pressed against the mattress and that makes her cheeks squish "you are not going to college but we are going somewhere else so wake up" she huffs and sits "early in the morning we are going somewhere?" I gulp but nod feeling like shit for not being as strong as I should be.

"Where are we going?" She rubs her eyes and I don't know what to reply "First go get ready wash your face quickly and come out and then I'll tell you..come on get up" I pat her arm and she absent mindedly nods and crawls till the end of the bed before lazy walking towards the washroom.

Till then I open my phone just to see 30 missed calls of Abbu, Kinza's mom and Ryaan's.

Gosh what the hell did I do!! How can I be so careless.

I feel like killing myself for being so careless Kinza's mom must've called me first when everything happened.

Ya Allah!

I hold my head feeling sick of myself after being worthless towards the family whose son I am.

"I am ready" kinza smiles at me and I force myself to return back one "hmm" I stand up my heart thumping against my chest as I take slow step towards the smiling girl. I wish I could go back to sleep snuggling closer into her arms and just stay their and not take the pain and give the pain which I and she is going to feel in few minutes.

She throws her Abaya over head as she questions me "where are we going?" She clumsily wears the Abaya but waits for my answer.

I press my lips together not knowing how to start the conversation "we are umm we are going to the hospital" she stops doing whatever she was doing and eyes me up and down. "Hospital why?" I gulp the lump which formed on my throat.

She wraps her hijaab properly and rushes towards me "you were holding your head when I came do you have fever? Your head is paining??" Worried look takes over her face as she tip toes to check if I am having fever with her palm.