Chapter 22

Ryujin's sure jealousy isn't something new to her.

In the course of her 10-year relationship with Yuri, there have been times she was jealous of some people, particularly those who threatened their relationship.

And she couldn't forget about this specific person who almost successfully ripped them apart.

But that was a long time ago. After their marriage, everything went smoothly. The wedding band on Yuri's finger seems to ward off potential courters. There's no reason for Ryujin to feel jealous anymore.

It was until Jisu came.

Ryujin knows she doesn't have any right to feel jealous of the situation.

But she is. And she's never been this jealous over someone her entire life!

"Hi! Fancy meeting you here!" Yuri greets Jisu and Yeji, whom they met around the airport.

It was Yuri who spotted the pair first. Ryujin felt the rage in every cell of her body at the sight of the two walking together, Jisu's arm linked with Yeji's.

Jisu looked surprised to see them there. "Oh. Hi!" she looks at Yeji, then back to Yuri. "Um. By the way, this is Yeji, my colleague. And Yeji, this is Yuri, my client, and her wife Ryujin."

"It's a pleasure to meet you two." Yeji shakes their hands, giving Ryujin a knowing look.

Yeah. They've met before. So, Yeji's playing her role, huh?

"Pleasure's all ours," Yuri says. "Are you two departing as well?"

"Ah. No. We just arrived," Jisu says. "Yeji and I attended a client's birthday party two days ago. We just got back here."

Ryujin's ears perk.

Two days ago.

They were alone for two days. Probably sharing a room. Ryujin can't dismiss the fact that Jisu looks extremely comfortable around her ex-girlfriend, clinging on to the other woman like they were married.

Ugh. Ryujin takes a deep breath in.

"Oh. That's nice." Yuri checks her wristwatch. "Anyway, we have to go. It was nice meeting you, Miss Yeji."

"Likewise." Yeji smiles. "Take care."

Ryujin didn't say anything. She didn't spare her soulmate a glance even if she can feel Jisu is looking at her.

She bows and drags her wife away with her.

---

She keeps reminding herself of what Chaeyoung told her before, about Jisu having every right to date whomever she wants because, unlike Ryujin, she isn't married.

Ryujin hates the fact that she can't do anything about it, that she can't stop Jisu from doing that.

Shouldn't Jisu be happy with her? That's how it's supposed to be, right?

Would it be selfish to ask Jisu not to look for anyone else because Ryujin will be there for her?

Ryujin's mind is still afloat when her wife kisses her and waves goodbye.

She wonders where Jisu and Yeji could be now.

Are they together?

In Jisu's apartment, maybe?

Ryujin bites her lower lip. The weight in her chest is still there.

And she feels worse by the second the more she thinks about Yeji and Jisu.