Chapter 24

Jisu wakes up to the sound of a ringing phone.

She decides to go back to sleep, thinking it's just a dream, given that she's not familiar with the ringtone. But the sudden movement on the other side of the bed completely pulled her out of sleepiness.

The ringing stops, then she hears Ryujin's sleepy voice.

"Boo? Yeah... I was... asleep. Have you landed?"

Eyes squinting and bleary, Jisu turns her head sideways to look at Ryujin.

She blinks a few times, absorbing the situation as she stares at Ryujin's naked back.

So last night wasn't a dream. It really happened.

She and Ryujin did it, and it felt so good.

"Okay. You go have fun. But don't forget to eat something, okay?" Ryujin says.

Jisu turns away. All the beautiful feelings building up in her chest suddenly fade. She pulls away from the blanket, ready to get off the bed.

The movement made Ryujin turn.

"Ah. Yes. I may sleep more. I stayed up late last night playing video games." Ryujin reaches out to grab Jisu's hand, intertwining their fingers.

And Jisu follows along when Ryujin pulls her back to bed.

"Yes, I will. You take care. I love you too." Ryujin hangs up and puts the phone down. She turns back to Jisu. "Morning."

Silence settles in as they both stare at each other's nakedness, the reality finally sinking in.

"Jisu, I--"

"Can we not talk about it?" Jisu says softly, looking at their intertwined hands. "I am fully aware of the situation... But I..." she caresses Ryujin's hand with hers. "I don't want to think it's a mistake, Ryu. Last night felt right, didn't it?"

Ryujin nods.

"I am not going to force you into doing anything." Jisu watches as their hands play with each other. "But I hope you won't avoid me after this." She looks at Ryujin. "I'll go crazy if that happens."

"No..." Ryujin scoots closer, kneeling in front of Jisu. "Hey. I am not going anywhere, you hear me?"

"But it'll be hard for you if--"

"I am not going anywhere without you." Ryujin cups Jisu's cheeks. "I... I'll find a way to fix this. I'll..."

"No. Please don't say that." Jisu looks away, sighing. "Just... Just stay."

Ryujin gazes at her for a moment, eyes piercing through her. Jisu doesn't know what to say or do in their situation. What matters to her is for Ryujin to stay.

"I'll stay." Ryujin pulls Jisu into a hug and cups her head. "I'll stay."

The warmth of Ryujin's hug and the softness in her voice eases Jisu's worries. She closes her eyes and smiles, nuzzling into Ryujin's neck.

"Last night was the best I've ever had," she whispers.

"Same." Ryujin chuckles. "And it's like we are meant to do that, aren't we?"

Jisu hums. "I love your abs."

Ryujin falls on her back when Jisu attacks her with tickles on her tummy and sides, laughter filling the room.

"Yah! Stop!"

Ryujin grabs Jisu's wrists and shifts their position by pushing her to lie on her back.

"Ryujin! I am not done tickling you!" Jisu tries to pry away from Ryujin's firm grip.

"Oh. Let's stop with the tickling part." Ryujin leans closer. "You know what I'm thinking right now?"