Chapter 74: The plan

Amity's P.O.V.

I can't imagine what Ed is going through right now. If I saw Luz transformed into some subservient puppet, I'd go insane. Probably attack without thinking. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. But as we make into The Owl House, we're greeted by Hooty who's miraculously not being obnoxious. He knows about what's going on, and is trying to show his sympathy by being a lot less all over the place.

Opening the door, we're greeted by Eda looking at her scroll and sipping a mug off apple blood. King who's laying on the couch. "Eda... We saw Hunter." Luz tells her mentor. "You did? Out of the castle? Then why isn't he with you?" She sighs but answers her. "I think Belos made him partner up with that abomination coven leader. But he's... A mind slave now." I don't think she could've found a more softer way to say it in the moment.

"What?!" Lilith who's visiting once again asks aloud, emerging from the kitchen. "What did he look like?" The former Emperor coven head asks to us. "Black and red veins or vines were all I er his body. And his eyes were glowing red." She covers her mouth before speaking.

"I've seen this before... It starts with the coven brand. Those vines emerge from the brand and wrap around the body. Consuming them and becoming a subservient mind slave for The Emperor." I look at my wrist to my coven brand, horrified at the mere idea. What kind of Emperor would do this?!

"Can we reverse it?" Edric asks to her, stepping closer. "Afraid not. Kikimora can reverse the spell. But I doubt she'd listen. To us. She's a little red lady with her mouth always covered. Her. "Actually- no. Nevermind." Lilith hesitates to spit some sort of information out.

"No. What is it?" Ed steps closer with a determined look. She sighs, her face still in our direction but looking away. "I don't know if it'll work. It might not but it's the only idea I have..." "Well?" I ask, eager to hear her idea. 

"We cut off the brand on his skin." Edric takes a step back as I notice everyone's shocked look. "Uhh... Ya sure that's the only idea?" Luz questions, and can you blame her? "Wish I had more but no. Long shot, but does anyone know which arm has the brand?" Everyone just shakes their heads. 

"So we'd just have to guess..." Edric tells himself. Are we really considering this? Guess we have no choice. "I'll do it." Everyone looks to me. "What do you mean?" King gets up, questioning me. "I have the necessary magic for it. My abomination magic could pin him down and cut out the brand." I really really don't want to do this. But I can't leave someone under a spell like that.

"We have to think first. He's stuck with a coven head. Apprehending a coven head is no easy task. And about cutting the brand. Be careful how deep you cut. We don't want to pierce anything important." She's right. We can't afford to be sloppy with this.

(If Toh was an adult show, imagine how far things could go? Spelling? And you think the plan makes sense?)