Chapter 28

"Jisu-ya, hurry up. We don't want to miss the bus this morning."

Jisu smiles in the middle of brushing her teeth. Ryujin sounds too excited. Well, I couldn't blame her. Even Jisu herself is ecstatic. Today happens to be the first time the two of them will go out on a trip together--to celebrate their one-hundredth day.

Yup. One-hundredth day.

Yes, Jisu thinks they are too old for that. But how can she not agree if it's Ryujin who's eager to celebrate it together and has planned everything ahead of time?

Besides, this will be the first time Jisu will go hiking. With Ryujin guiding her along, she's looking forward to this new experience.

Jisu steps out of the bathroom and sees Ryujin in her hiking attire; zip-off nylon pants, hiking boots, and an orange rain jacket. Then her eyes dart towards the tall gray bag sitting on the couch.

"Are we seriously hiking a mountain today with that on your back?" she asks, closing in to inspect the said bag. "It looks heavier than me."

There was a chuckle before Ryujin placed her arm around Jisu's shoulders. "Don't worry. It's less than sixty liters. It only looks bulky because of the tent, food, water, and the cooking wares, but it'll be lighter tomorrow once we descend."

"Maybe you can put some in my bag, so we can lighten up your load?" Jisu gestures to her newly bought purple hiking bag that's half the size of Ryujin's.

"No need. Just bring extra clothes and a blanket. That would be enough."

"Or maybe we should just drive there instead, so you won't have to carry that to the bus station."

Ryujin shakes her head. "I told you, it won't be fun if we drive there. I want you to experience the whole journey with me sitting next to you."

It sounds cheesy, but Jisu finds herself smiling. Ryujin pulls her in for a hug and kisses her forehead. They stood there in silence, feeling each other's warmth.

Jisu pulls back to look at her lover. "Won't Yuri... find it weird... you're going out to hike... alone?" she asks, kissing Ryujin in between her phrases.

"She won't." Ryujin's hands travel to fix Jisu's jacket. "I do this regularly, once or twice a year, to think and just reflect. I usually schedule it if she has longer overlays. I'm just glad this day landed perfectly on our little celebration. Perfect timing to bring you along."

"Have you tried bringing her before with you?"

"Once. But she didn't enjoy it. I decided never to bring her again." after making sure everything's zipped properly, Ryujin cups Jisu's face. "Shall we?"

"Should I be scared? I told you I haven't done this before."

"You already bought the right equipment. You have the right attire. Plus, you have me." Ryujin taps her chest. "I know that trail like the back of my hand. Don't worry. We won't get lost. I can even trek that backward if you want--you know, just for an additional challenge."

Jisu playfully slaps Ryujin's arm. "Yah! Don't do that. I don't want you falling down somewhere."

Ryujin grins and quickly kisses Jisu on the cheek. "Come on! Come on! We don't want to be late!"

---

Where could Ryujin have been all her life?

The question pops once again in Jisu's head when she sits down to rest as she watches Ryujin amble around the camp area, figuring out where to pitch their tent.

She had always secretly admired Ryujin's toned body. It's one of the things she enjoys staring at and feeling whenever they make love. But the sight of a sweaty Ryujin in a black tank top should never be underestimated.