18. A Hero Saves A Beauty

"It's you?!" Luo Li looked at Chu Xiao with artificial surprise. "Mm, thank you for your help."

"Oh," Chu Xiao replied in a flat voice.

"A student of mine came here for fun and was locked up by those men. So..."

"Oh." Chu Xiao's response was icy.

He saw what happened just now. He was not fond of meddling in others' business. But considering his partnership with Luo Li, he came forward to help Luo Li out.

Chu Xiao glanced at Luo Li and reminded him, "You'd better not come to this bar again."

"Well, I know. I'll leave as soon as possible."

"Mmm, bye."

With that, Chu Xiao turned around and left.

Looking at Chu Xiao’s retreating figure, Luo Li didn't leave; instead, he stood still and started to calculate how long it would take for the medicine to work.

Meanwhile, Ling Fan was also estimating the onset time of the aphrodisiacs...

A blend of emotions fermented inside Ling Fan. What happened between Luo Li and Chu Xiao just now could be called a story of a hero saving a beauty.

They were both outstanding and good-looking, and they would be at the same level in the future. To be honest, Ling Fan, as an onlooker, thought that the sight of them standing shoulder to shoulder was pleasant to the eye.

He wouldn't mind wishing them a happy marriage, but their happiness was based on his tragedy.

So, he had to destroy their union.

After all, it's every man for himself.

"Mr. Luo..."

"You... Why are you back? I told you to go back to class." Luo Li was surprised to see Ling Fan running back.

"Ahem... I was afraid that something might happen to you, so... I made a phone call to Director of teaching affair and then contacted the police."

He did call Director of teaching affair just now, but he didn't mention Luo Li. He made an excuse and asked for a day's leave.

As for the police...

It was a lie, tout court.

But obviously, Luo Li fell for it.

His mask of detachment almost cracked. 'Stupid guy!' he cursed in his heart.

"You called the police. What did the police say?"

"Er... They asked me where I was. Don't worry, Mr. Luo. The police will be here soon."

"You... All right, let's get out of this place."

"Huh? Shouldn't we wait here for the police."

Luo Li hid his unhappiness and replied, "No. Let's go."

He wouldn't wait here for the police!

He was not only a high school teacher, but also the future head of the Lan clan. Therefore, he had to have a spotless record. He couldn't be involved in any scandals.

With a blank expression on his face, Ling Fan said, "Oh, okay, let's run."

He sneered in his heart.

'Now Luo Li must think of me as a stupid, useless fellow,' he thought to himself.

Luo Li didn't pay much attention to Ling Fan who was walking behind him.

So he didn't notice Ling Fan disappearing.

Seeing that Luo Li left directly, Ling Fan smiled sarcastically and went back to the bar.

In the previous life, Luo Li had pretended to be lost and searched the whole bar for Chu Xiao.

But Ling Fan didn't have to do that, because as a reborn man, he knew where Chu Xiao was.

Ling Fan walked over and said to a receptionist, "Hello, my room stinks. Can you arrange another room for me?"

The room card he gave to the receptionist was the one he had stolen from Monkey.

"No problem. I'll arrange another room for you straight away. Please wait a moment."

"I want Room 1707."

"Okay."