30. I Can Get You Out Of Here

"F*ck you! Who told you all this? Tell me." Lei Wu turned around and glared at Ling Fan.

His eyes turned red.

Ling Fan remembered that day in his previous life when Lei Wu spoke to him about his past. At that time, the rims of Lei Wu's eyes were also red.

"Believe it or not, I know you."

Ling Fan dropped his eyelids.

In the previous life Lei Wu had never told his story to anyone except Ling Fan, whom he extremely admired and trusted.

Everyone treated Lei Wu as a murderer, except Ling Fan.

"You have a son, and he's 6 years old, right?"

"Shut up! Do shut up!"

To Lei Wu, the subject of his dead wife and son was a taboo. He never regretted having killed those bastards. He just hated himself for having failed to protect his wife and son.

"I mean, your son is still alive. He is 6 years old now."

In his previous life, Ling Fan made up his mind to help Lei Wu find his son when Lei Wu told Ling Fan that his son might be alive.

But in the end, he failed to keep his word.

After his rebirth, he found that child smoothly according to the clues provided by Lei Wu.

"He lives in Green Tree Welfare Institute which is not far from here. The police sent your wife to hospital after you killed those ruffians. She haemorrhaged badly and died. Your son was born prematurely, but he survived."

Lei Wu looked at Ling Fan and asked in a trembling voice, "Are you telling the truth?"

"Yes. I have no reason to cheat you." Ling Fan paused and continued, "I can help you find your child. If you want, I can get you out of here."

He was determined to get Lei Wu out of there.

In his previous life he had succeeded in taking Lei Wu out of the prison. This time he would help Lei Wu out of the prison in a legal way.

"Haha, get me out of here? Are you kidding me? I'm a murderer. Come on, I'm not so stupid as to believe that."

Ling Fan raised his eyebrows and said, "I'm glad that you know you are a murder. Considering that you committed murder on the grounds of provocation, you were not sentenced to death. But don't forget, you have been sentenced to life imprisonment. You can't get out of here anyway. Why not choose to trust me?"

"You..."

"I've made some inquiries about those guys and found that they did many illegal things. So, it's not a heinous crime that you killed them."

At that time, Lei Wu was sentenced to life imprisonment for murder, but some of those ruffians who survived only lose some money. It was because Lei Wu was penniless and powerless. But now things were different. Ling Fan believed that he could beat the system and get Lei Wu out of the prison.

"You are not telling a lie, are you?"

"No, I'm not."

"Why do you want to help me? It's no good for you."

Ling Fan smiled and said, "I said I know you and we'll become good friends. By the way, you are wrong. I want something from you. To be exact, I want you to promise fidelity to me after I get you out of the prison. I think it's a good deal."

In his previous life Lei Wu was his follower and friend. For the sake of their friendship, he would try his best to help Lei Wu out of the prison. What was more, he needed a trusted man to help him.

"What shall I do?" Lei Wu, for some unknown reason, was inclined to trust Ling Fan, although he was just a young boy.

"You don't have to do anything for the time being. Just clean up your act, and don't rob other prisoners of their food even when you are very hungry."

Hearing this, Lei Wu blushed with shame.

'How does he know I often rob other prisoners of their food? Now I believe that he knows me,' Lei Wu thought.

"Sign your name on this document. Or I can't take your son away from Green Tree Welfare Institute."

"Are you going to adopt my son?"

"Yes."

"Great! I'll sign it right away. By the way, ask my son to eat more meat and vegetables if he looks very thin. My ancestors and I are all strong. Besides, please..."

"The time is up," said the warder.

"I still have something to say... See if my son can touch his nose with his tongue..."

Before he could finish his sentence, he was dragged away. Looking at Lei Wu's receding figure, Ling Fan didn't know what to say.

'It turns out that Lei Wu is a born weirdo and a fool. His foolishness has nothing to do with me,' Ling Fan thought to himself.