31. A Cute Boy

Money can't buy you everything, but most of the time it can solve all problems.

After leaving the prison, Ling Fan went directly to Green Tree Welfare House to find Lei Wu's son.

He donated a large sum of money to Green Tree Welfare House. This, coupled with the document with Lei Wu's signature win the trust of the director of the welfare House, Linda. She gave Ling Fan the document recorded the birth of Lei Wu's son without looking carefully at Ling Fan's ID card. In other words, she didn't notice that Ling Fan was under 18.

didn't notice that Ling Fan

"Mr. Ling, this is the child you are looking for. His name is Lei Lei. He was sent here by the police five years ago. The police said that Lei Lei's father was on trial for murder and his mother died giving birth to him. Therefore, no one registered the birth of Lei. So they had to send him here. Lei Lei is well behaved."

"Come here, Lei Lei. Say hello to Mr. Ling."

"Hello." Lei Lei's voice was sweet and soft. He looked cute.

Ling Fan couldn't believe that such an adorable child was Lei Wu's son, but his investigation report and the document recorded the birth of Lei Lei proved it.

"Come here, Lei Lei." Ling Fan wore a friendly smile and waved at Lei Lei.

Lei Lei was shy with strangers, but he screwed up his courage and came up to Ling Fan.

"Can I take him away?"

"Yes, you can. But you have to go through the relevant formalities and sign some documents. Come with me, Mr. Ling."

"Here are Lei Lei's birth certificate and identity certificate. Retain them, since they will be needed when you apply for a residence permit for Lei Lei.

"Okay, I see."

For the sake of the money donated by Ling Fan, Linda was friendly and attentive.

Soon the formalities were completed.

Looking at Ling Fan and Lei Lei disappearing in the distance, a welfare worker teased, "Look at them! They are like a couple of brothers."

"Ouch, I forgot to check Mr. Ling's detailed identity information." Linda patted herself on the head and sighed, "Forget it! He's donated such a big sum of money to our institution. This proves he is a good man."

……

Meanwhile, elsewhere.

Ling Fan took Lei Lei to the place where he lived.

"This is where I live. You will live here for some time."

"Thank you, Dad."

Hearing this, Ling Fan was so shocked that he choked on his drink. He coughed and asked, "What do you call me?"

"Dad."

Ling Fan's lips twitched. "Who taught you that?"

"Linda told me to address the person who adopted me 'Dad or Mom'. She also told me to behave well. Otherwise, I'll be sent back to the welfare house. Dad, you won't send me back there, will you?" Lei Lei tugged at Ling Fan's sleeve tentatively.

Ling Fan rubbed Lei Lei's head and answered, "I won't do that. But Lei Lei, you don't need to call me Dad, because your real father is not me." For some unknown reason, Ling Fan felt that Lei Lei was very much like his old self. They were both helpless and hungry for warmth and love.

"Where is my dad?"

"He got into trouble trying to protect you. But I promise you'll see him soon."

"Oh. What about you? You don't want me to call you Dad. Then what should I call you?

"Er, just call me Uncle."

"But you are so young."

"Alright, do whatever you like..." Ling Fan couldn't understand what a child had in mind.

"Hey, Fanfan."

"Uh-huh."

"Who's that man, Fanfan?"