35. Reaching An Agreement

As for Chu Xiao and Luo Li...

Ling Fan decided to continue to undermine their relationship.

The pity was that he didn't have a car. In other words, he couldn't catch up with Chu Xiao.

After all, Chu Xiao was driving a sports car.

So, Ling Fan shook his head thoughtfully and could only give up.

He hailed a taxi and went to Liuhe District.

Meanwhile, elsewhere.

Chu Xiao had already arrived at the school.

According to the school rules, external cars were not allowed in. But Chu Xiao was an exception.

After all, he could easily bring a school into financial problems.

There was only a cafe in the school. At the moment, Luo Li and Chu Xiao were sitting face to face in the cafe.

Luo Li came straight to the point, "Mr. Chu, now that you came in person, it means you are interested in my proposal, right?"

His manner was cold and detached. Luo Li had a strong personality.

Hearing this, Chu Xiao curved his lips into a smile and said without pretension, "I will help you become the head of the Lan family. In exchange, you have to help me get those two pieces of land which lie in the east of Pukou District."

From the point of view of Chu Xiao, Luo Li should be thankful that he had a bargaining chip.

Chu Xiao had three pieces of land in the east of Pukou District. The pity was that he still lacked those two pieces of land which belonged to the Lan family.

It was because that the ancestral house of the Lan family was located there that Lan Yongxin was unwilling to sell those two pieces of land. Chu Xiao couldn't force others to do what they didn't want to do.

But it didn't mean that he gave up.

It was not difficult for him to destroy the Lan family. But for the time being he didn't want to break the balance in N City. It would be very nice if he could get those two pieces of land in such a simple way.

He was under no illusions as to who was the master of the Lan family, because it had nothing to do with him.

"No problem. This is an agreement I drafted. Mr. Chu, you can have a look and see if there's any omission." Luo Li smiled and pushed a contract towards Chu Xiao.

It was obvious that he came prepared.

He knew that Chu Xiao wanted to buy those two pieces of land, but Lan Yongxin refused to sell them. That was why he was so confident that Chu Xiao would choose to cooperate with him.

He never regarded himself as one of the Lan family. So, the ancestral house of the Lan family meant nothing to him. He thought that it was a good deal to trade those two pieces of land for Chu Xiao's help and attention.

What was more, Luo Li believed that sooner or later he would get half of Chu Xiao's fortune...

"No problem with the contract. I'll have my men contact you later." Chu Xiao had a quick scan through the contract and signed his name on the last page.

He liked to do business with smart people, because it could save him a lot of time and energy.

Apparently, Lan Yongxin's illegitimate son, Luo Li was a smart man.

"I look forward to a smooth cooperation, Mr. Chu."

Seeing that Chu Xiao signed the contract, Luo Li gave a faint smile. He had made a first step towards success.

"Uh-huh."

"Since we've reached an agreement, I want to talk to you about a personal matter. I'm very grateful that you helped me out of trouble in that bar last time. Did something happen to you later?"

Actually, he knew Chu Xiao must have been badly tormented by the aphrodisiacs. He just wanted to know who had helped Chu Xiao. Although he chose to leave at that time, he very much minded that Chu Xiao might have had sex with someone else.

Hearing this, Chu Xiao's face dropped to the floor. Obviously, Luo Li's question provoked Chu Xiao.

He thought of Fan Ming. He knew exactly how capable Chen Feng was, but up to now Fan Ming hadn't been found yet. Had it not been for the fact that Fan Ming bought and sold shares on the Internet every day, Chu Xiao would have suspected that Fan Ming didn't exist in this world.

Chu Xiao's face clouded. He stood up.

Perceiving that Chu Xiao was about to leave, Luo Li was stunned for a second before he asked, "Are you leaving right now, Mr. Chu?"

"Yep."

"You helped me a lot. I'd like to invite you to dinner. Are you free this afternoon?"

"Sorry, I'm engaged this afternoon," Chu Xiao answered.

He had other fish to fry. To be exact, he was busy every day.