45. Being Swayed By Consideration Of Gain And Loss

Not only Ling Fan, but also Chu Xiao's subordinates Rong Hua, Chen Feng and Lin Tianchen couldn't understand why Chu Xiao did like that.

At first, Chu Xiao tried every means to bankrupt Fan Ming. They thought that he wanted to avenge himself on Fan Ming. Sometimes he let Fan Ming off, but they thought it was just because he was in a good mood.

But later...

Chu Xiao stopped the crackdown on Fan Ming. What was more, he even helped Fan Ming make money.

They knew what he did, but they dared not say anything, because Chu Xiao was emotionally unstable recently.

Rong Hua, who had just come from outside, poked Chen Feng in the ribs and asked in a low voice, "Hey, Feng, what happened to Boss? He seems to be in a really bad mood."

"I don't know." Rong Hua was so obtuse that Chen Feng didn't want to talk to him.

"Are you kidding? You've been with Boss all day, but you said you didn't know why he is in a bad mood. Are you an idiot?"

Hearing this, Chen Feng's lips twitched. He answered back without hesitation, "You are a f*cking idiot! Who else but Fan Ming could make Boss so angry?"

Rong Hua felt embarrassed. He gave a little cough and said, "I forgot that... What on earth did Fan Ming do?" The last time Chu Xiao got so angry was when he first mentioned Fan Ming to them.

"Are you curious? You can find the answer in these documents." Lin Tianchen came out of Chu Xiao's office and handed a stack of papers to Rong Hua.

Chen Feng and Rong Hua knew that those documents were about Fan Ming.

At first, Chu Xiao had employed a tremendous amount of manpower in order to take revenge on Fan Ming. But gradually, he strayed from his original goal. What he did confused outsiders, and they became curious about the person to whom he paid so much attention.

So, Fan Ming soon became known to the media and business people in N City.

As for the investment community, almost everyone knew Fan Ming.

There is a popular Chinese saying that a tall tree catches the wind, that is to say, a person in a high position is liable to be attacked.

Some of Ling Fan's personal information was dug out, although he had done a lot to hide his identity.

At the beginning, Chu Xiao's subordinates collected data from various sources with the aim of finding out Fan Ming's real identity, but they didn't expect their boss to pay so much attention to Ling Fan.

Except eating, sleeping and taking a shower, the first thing Chu Xiao did every day was to read the detailed profile of Fan Ming.

But the information about Fan Ming was in fact a mixture of truth and falsehood.

Sometimes they got false news.

"Haha, he went to Golden Age and called ten male prostitutes?! It's unbelievable!"

"Let me have a look at their pictures. Er, none of them are good-looking. I don't believe that Fan Ming took a fancy to any of them," said Rong Hua.

"It can't be true."

"We all know it's a piece of false news."

"But the point is that Boss got angry after hearing the news."

"Er..." Rong Hua was speechless.

"I think Boss is in a state of... Er... I got it!"

"What?"

"He is afraid of losing something."